[Chapter 47]

Chapter 47

      That night was filled with the best and romantic evening possible. Robert refused to watch any movie that he was in so we just played board games like kids. He even cooked me a meal that was both romantic and part of his culture.

He runs off to the kitchen telling me that I can't come in until he deems it time. I giggle at his expression and listen to his voice. I stay in the living room staring at the television. There's not much on TV really just a few shows that I don't pay attention to.

I can hear pot and pan moving around in the kitchen and I fight the smile that comes to my lips. I yawn bringing my hand to my mouth just realizing that the days actually worn me out. I lay my head on the arm of the couch and close my eyes. Instantly I'm greeted with darkness and tell myself not to fall asleep.

I keep my eyes closed paying attention to noises from the kitchen. I suddenly hear footsteps coming into the living room. Opening my sleepy, tired eyes, and block the light with my hand I see Robert standing above me.

“Your dinner await Madame.”

I laugh and smile taking his outstretched hand. He pulls me into the kitchen/dining room and my eyes widen. In the amount of time I was lying on the couch he has cooked something that smells heavenly and turns off the lights. There are candles lite on the table and two plates with huge wine glasses sitting next to each plate.

Like the gentleman he really is walks me to the table and pulls out my chair for me. Taking a seat I look down at the plate to see a mac and cheese type dish.

“It's called Killer Mac and Cheese. I saw how you liked the one your family cooked so I decided to share with you my mac and cheese. I hope you don't mind the tomatoes and other things in it, just gives it some extra spice.”

I nod my head and pick up my fork, “What's in the glass Robert?”

He chuckles, “Well I know you are under age so I filled it with coke. It looked good next to the food so I decided to go with that.”

I chuckle and stab the noodles with my fork. I place the food in my mouth moaning at how good it actually tastes.

“Good?” he asks with a smirk on his face. I can only nod since the food is still in my mouth. The spices fill every corner of my mouth and it feels heavenly as it makes its way down my throat.

During the dinner we catch up on everything with each other. I manage to tell him about Kimi not coming until after school has done started. He notices my mood change at the idea of school without Kimi.

“It'll be alright Laura. You are a very tough girl and I think you can handle yourself just fine.”

I shrug my shoulders, “Yeah well with Ben still on the loose I don't feel very safe. I don't know how many students at the school could be in cahoots with Ben like that one boy I didn't notice at the party. He was a big druggie and Ben could manipulate him very easily.”

He nods as he continues eating his food. My head suddenly swarms with a question I want to ask but I don't know if I'll like the answer. The entire night might be ruined if I ask but I can't fight the nerves and the doubt creeping in my brain.

“So Robert, I know that I probably shouldn't ask but I can't help my worries. What happened after you and mom left that day after the argument with Karen?”

He sighs, “You want the truth or the lie?”

I sigh, “The truth.”

He lowers his head, “I couldn't get out of it Laura. She would have known something was up since we hadn't touched each other since before the premiere. We had sex a lot of time we were gone but other times she was shopping for something to wear or for something else. When we first left the house I was trying to convince her that this was a holiday and that was her family. She tuned me out and then ignored me until that night.