[Chapter 22]

Chapter 22

"Good Morning. Its 9:00 am on Saturday October 17th, 2009."

I heard Kimi's alarm go off which was a radio alarm. The thing was loud too. I heard Kimi groan and shut if off. She turned over in her bed grumbling. Kimi isn't much of a morning person.

I've been here since Wednesday after the clean up. She has been moody every single morning. I honestly think its because of the work from cleaning up we had to do. I peeked through my eyelashes only to find Kimi's brown eyes staring back at me.

I jumped back at the suddenness, i hadn't heard her move. She gave me a smile and sleepily replied,"Morning."

I just huffed in response. It was Saturday and last night Kimi kept me up late she wanted to watch the tv show X-Files. I like the show but not when she wants to stay up until one in the morning to watch it.

Wednesday the clean up went great. I was kinda shy around all the people but Kimi helped me with that. I mostly talked to everyone Kimi talked to. I stayed away from Max the best i could even-though Kimi didn't like that idea.

I actually was in the floor because i had just fallen asleep here. I was suppose to get in bed with her but apparently I didn't make it. Suddenly Kimi got a huge smirk on her face and dropped from her bed down to where I was, almost suffocating me.

"Kimi!!" I yelled laughing.

"I don't want to be laughing I want to go back to sleep." I replied.

I just peeked out of my eyes to see her still smirking.

"Well Laura you know I usually sleep until noon on weekends but we need to get up. I want to be ready early. Max and Scott are suppose to take us to the bonfire and I guess we are going to see Alex and Blake there."

Oh yeah, Alex. I suppose I should say something about him. Well I haven't talked to him in days and I don't care anymore. His excuses are chopped to shit right now.

"Well Kimi if you would get off me maybe we can go get breakfast."

She gave a sheepish grin and rolled off of me. I threw the covers off my body and stood to my feet. I stretched my arms over my head stretching my back as well.

I saw Kimi checking her phone for messages or missed calls.

I walked over to my bags on the floor and rummaged through it. I found my phone at the bottom of my bag. I pressed the power button bringing the phone to life.

The screen told me You have 2 missed calls from Queen Bitch aka MOM, 2 missed calls from unknown #, 2 unread messages from Alex, 2 unheard voice-mails.

I huffed and muttered, "damn."

Suddenly I felt a chin on my shoulder. I peeked to find Kimi staring down at my phone.

"Now why did you mutter a damn?" was her brilliant response. I just handed her my phone as I went to the bathroom.

I did my business and washed my hands afterward.

"I can't believe Alex's ass. His messages weren't even worth reading. I mean one message basically said that he was sorry for not being around and the other was saying that he would see us at the bonfire tonight. Apparently he won't be there early like he claimed."

I knew Kimi was pissed so i didn't try to stop her rambling.

"I take it you deleted them then since you are telling me about them."

Her eyes suddenly found the wall very interesting.

"I accidentally deleted it. You know how I get when I'm angry Laura."

I just gave a smile.

"Yeah I know all about that. Now can I have my phone? I need to listen to the voice-mails."

She nodded her head and tossed me the phone. As I scrolled through the voice-mails she went in the bathroom closing the door behind her.

I scrolled through the messages and clicked on one.

Message from October 16, 2009 at 8:45pm. from Queen Bitch aka MOM.

Laura honey I'm calling because I'm worried. I know by now you're at Kimi's and I just want to apologize about the whole outburst on Wednesday. I didn't mean it I mean I know you have been by yourself for so long and I just guess that I was worried that night when you weren't home.

I found out from Kimi's mom that you are going to a bonfire tomorrow, so I hope you have fun. I want to make up for everything I did so how about you, Kimi, and I go shopping soon for your Halloween dance costumes. I love you so much. Well I have to go Robert and I are seeing a movie so I gotta go. Take care, love you so much.

End of message. Next message from October 17, 2009 at 7:30am from *unknown #*.

Um hi Laura, its Robert. I know you must be shocked I'm calling you but I need to. Your mom told me she called you last night before the movies. I'm also worried about you as well. I know I seemed pissed Wednesday but I wasn't at you. Your mom had pissed me off more after you left dinner that night and when we got home I was wanting to talk to you but you weren't there so I was worried.

I was also mad at her for acting like she was that morning. I was just disgusted with her. I'm so sorry I made you think I was mad at you. Your mom mom is pretty sick today so we are at home all day but I heard about your plans. I just thought I'd call to ask you if you would come over here before you left for your party. I think your mom just wants to see you and I actually would like to see you and meet your friend Kimi.

Well think about it and take care Laura, remember our promise.

End messages.

I blinked and realized I had tears streaming down my face. My mom had never acted like that on the phone. I miss that part of my mom so much it was hard to listen to her when she was like that.

I was also surprised that Robert had called me. Like i could forget about his promise. I scrolled through the numbers and found his. I decided to add it to my phone labeling it as *RobertP*.

I heard the bathroom door open telling me Kimi was out of the bathroom.

"Now what was those voice-mails about?"

I turned around toward Kimi and gave her a weak smile. She saw my tear stained cheeks and came running to me.

"What's wrong Robin?"

I just shook my head.

"Nothings wrong I'm just happy. I should have listened to you a long time ago."

She looked confused so I handed her my phone.

"Listen to them and then tell me what we are going to do."

I laid down on her bed as she listened to the voice-mails. I just stared at the same crack in the ceiling thinking about everything.

Suddenly I didn't hear anything and i looked up. I saw Kimi just standing there with wide eyes and the phone still at her ear. I could only guess that she was listening to the message from Robert. I continued watching her until she screamed.

I could only laugh. Suddenly though i heard footsteps running up the steps and the door burst open. I looked to see Kimi's mom standing there. She was looking dead at Kimi with a look that could kill.

"KIMI ROSE JOHNSON, WHY THE HELL DID YOU SCREAM LIKE THAT?"

Kimi finally snapped out of her fan girl moment. She looked at her mom and knew she was in trouble.

"I'm sorry mom it was something dealing with Twilight."

Her mom just rolled her eyes. It was hard to believe Kimi's mom was a twilight fan as well but she wasn't obsessed as us i guess because of her age.

"OK well keep it down."

She huffed and walked out of the room.

Suddenly Kimi came toward me with this eating s**tting grin on her face.

"I have an answer. We are totally going to your house. I have to meet him."

I just nodded my head laughed. She tossed my phone in my bag and grabbed her robe. She stuffed her feet in her Nightmare Before Christmas slippers and stood at the door.

"I'm going to get breakfast, your purple robe and slippers are in the bathroom."

She walked out the door as i went to get my stuff from the bathroom.

***
Kimi and I got dressed in some of her lounge clothes. She decided we would ride in my jeep instead of her car. Kimi decided right before we left to get some CD's from her car. I sat in drivers seat waiting on her to hurry her big ass up.

I honked the horn and she jumped turning toward me giving me a glare. I just waved at her to hurry up. After another three minutes she finally came dragging her feet toward my jeep.

She tossed her bag in the floor board and hopped on the seat. She slammed the door closed behind her.

I turned the key starting up the jeep. She was staring at me and her eyes looked nervous.

"Kimi you have no reason to be nervous. He is really nice i promise you that. Now go ahead and put one of your CD's in before i hit you."

She just grinned. She began flipping through her CD cases. Most of her CD's were mixed Cd's with different artists on them. She kept telling me that the only reason she did that was so she would have to keep changing the CD's.

She stuck in a CD pressing play. I was backing out of the drive when i heard the song "Dear God" by Avenge Sevenfold.

I just shook my head chuckling at her. She had a few CD's from them. They only had a few songs that I liked but not all of them. Whenever she could Kimi was listening to them like crazy. I remember coming over to her house at times with the music from them so loud that her mom would leave because she couldn't get Kimi to turn it down.

Avenged Sevenfold Dear God lyrics

A lonely road, crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find
While I recall all the words you spoke to me
Can't help but wish that I was there
Back where I'd love to be, oh yeah

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again

There's nothing here for me on this barren road
There's no one here while the city sleeps
and all the shops are closed
Can't help but think of the times I've had with you
Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again

Some search, never finding a way
Before long, they waste away
I found you, something told me to stay
I gave in, to selfish ways
And how I miss someone to hold
when hope begins to fade...

A lonely road, crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away
We all need the person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again

(place where i found the lyrics -->

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/1/avenged_sevenfold/dear_god.html )

We finally got moving down the road with Kimi singing and texting. I stopped at the red light and just zoned like normal. Kimi shook my arm when the light changed.

I heard her sigh and then speak, "Well i guess I'm just going to have to ask because apparently you wont tell me. What was the promise that Robert mentioned in the voice-mail?"

I just sighed as i drove down the road. I knew she would keep asking me so i just told her.

"He just made me promise that i wouldn't let my mom get in the way of him getting to know me."

I saw out the corner of my eye her nodding her head. I could tell she mulling over what i just told her. I was kinda nervous. Sometimes Kimi could jump to conclusions about things and right now i have to much drama in my life to deal with that now.

"Okay so what all happened before and after the promise?"

"Well Kimi it was when I left the dinner I told you about but it didn't tell you that Robert had stopped me before i left. He made stay until he finished his cigarette. We talked and he just told me how my mother was different than when he first met her.

I told me that he doesn't love her not does he like her at that moment.He put his arm around me and after the promise he gave me a hug. Then he went inside and i left the restaurant."

It was quiet once i finished. I took a peak at her and she looked shocked.

"Laura this is big news you are suppose to tell your best friend. I cant believe your celebrity crush is flirting with you. I cant believe your mom doesn't see it or she just basically ignores it."

I just shook my head, "Kimi he is not flirting with me. I'm nothing but a pity case because hes seen how my mom treats me."

I just stared out the window. I heard Kimi huff.

"Laura please save me the pity case bull. From my perspective i think he is flirting with you. I also think that your mom has figured it out as well and that might be the reason she has been extra bitchy. Also what was the deal with her voice-mail?"

"Your guess is as good as mine. I couldn't believe it when I heard it."

We continued to talk all about the voice-mails and my mom and Robert. My stomach was a bottle of nerves as we got closer to my house. Finally we turned down the road of the familiar houses on both sides of the street.

I took a glimpse of my house before the driveway came up. The garage was closed but the SUV was sitting in the drive. I took a glimpse at Kimi to see her with a nervous smile plastered across her face.

I just huffed a gulp of air from my mouth. I pull in the drive and cut the engine. I turned my head toward Kimi.

"Now Kimi don't worry about anything and just be yourself. I didn't call them so they might be a little surprised to see us so beware."

She just nodded her head. This was one of the first times i have ever seen her this quiet. When she gets nervous she is basically a mute. She opened her door and hopped out. I pulled the hatch on my door opening the door.

She was already pulling her bags out of the back seat. I opened the backseat behind the driver side and pulled out my bag and backpack with my clothes. I closed the door and turned around only to bump into another body.

I stepped back holding onto my forehead since we hit each others forehead. We stared at one another and then busted out laughing.

"God Kimi you are such a klutz."

She just gave me a smirk as usual. I just shook my head and pulled out my keys.

"I sure hope i don't get a headache from your hard head Laura."

I just laughed. "Yeah well I'm pretty sure your head is harder than mine."

We both knew we weren't talking about the head butting but which one of us was hard headed. We walked up to the door and i tried the knob but it wouldn't turn. I stuck my key in the lock and turned opening the door as well. I grabbed Kimi's hand pulling her inside.

She closed the door behind us. I could feel the central air in the house going full blast in the middle of October. I suddenly heard noise from upstairs and a door opening and closing.

I looked at Kimi to see her with wide eyes. I put my finger to her lips indicating her to be quiet. It was then that we heard my mom's voice.

"Laura is that you?"

She sounded horrible like she was congested or something. It was pretty obvious that she had a bad cold.

"Yeah mom it's me and Kimi."

I felt Kimi drop my hand and walk to the stairs.

"Hi Ms. Scope."

Kimi was always really nice to my mom no matter what she thought of her.

"Oh hi Kimi."

Suddenly she sneezed. I walked toward the stairs and looked up as my mom was coming down the stairs. She was dressed in her long robe and her hair was everywhere. As she got closer i cold tell that her nose was very red and she held a bag a tissues.

"Laura I'm glad you came. I just hope that you don't catch this horrible cold."

I just nodded my head.

"Mom where's Robert? Kimi would like to meet him."

"Oh honey he should be in the kitchen. I had sent him in there for some cold medicine in the cabinet. I just hope you that Kimi doesn't scream his head off."

I peaked at Kimi to see her grin like that Cheshire cat.

"Mom i don't think you have to worry about that. She has been pretty mute since we left her house."

I chuckled at the end of the sentence and then i got a nudge. I looked at Kimi to see her giving me a glare.

"Well as long as she doesn't scream then we are okay. So how about we go into the kitchen."

Mom step down on the floor and I immediately step toward her.

"Mom i got you lets go to the kitchen and see if Rob got the medicine."

Mom just nodded her head and Kimi got behind us as we made our way to the kitchen. Outside the kitchen doors we heard a TV on and crunching noises.

Mom pushed open the door replying, "Robert we have a guest with Laura."

I looked to see Robert over the stove. He was in lounge pants and a white shirt. His hair was all over the place but he looked beautiful. I tend to like people better when they are just around the house lounging not caring about their appearance.

He finally looked up and gave my mom a smile. He looked over at me and gave me a bigger smile which caused me to return it and blush. My mom walked closer to him looking at the stove.

"What in the world are you cooking?"

It was his turn to blush, "Well i was making you some soup and then i was going to buy some cold medicine since we don't have any."

She just smiled at him. I was surprised really, it seemed like something had changed. Suddenly i heard a very low gasp.

I turned my head toward Kimi to see her eyes wide and her mouth opened. I followed her gaze to Robert. She was just staring at him like he was a piece of meat or something.

Then my heart sank. Now Kimi will have a crush on him, great, just great. I walked closer to her and waved my hand in front of her face.

"Oh Kimi snap out of it."

I whispered kinda low and defeated. Suddenly she blinked and stared at me. I could tell she was searching my eyes for something.

She gave me a smile and a thumbs up basically telling me that she understood, no crushing on my crush.

I turned back to my mom and Robert. He was looking over the soup and my mom was rummaging through her purse.

"Well Robert," I began.

He looked up toward me. He peaked behind me and then sat down the spatula. He began walking closer to me and then stopped a foot in front of me.

I pulled Kimi closer to me so she was standing right beside me.

"This is my best friend Kimi Johnson. She's a big twilight fan as well."

Robert looked at her and then stuck his hand out. I watched as Kimi too stuck out her hand and shook his. She had a grin on her face. I couldn't help it I chuckled. I had the sudden image of Kellan Lutz standing in front of us.

Trust me I think Kimi would be worse if it was him.

Kimi elbowed me in the side and i looked at her. She was giving me her famous glare of the century.

"Sorry Kimi jeez."

I looked toward my mom to see her rummaging through the cabinet. I saw her pull out a bottle of pain medicine.

"Hey mom if you feel too bad just go back to bed. Kimi and I promise not to make much noise and i'll help Robert with the soup for you."

She just looked at me and gave me a smile. She tossed the pills in her mouth, took a gulp of water, and tossed her head back swallowing the pills.

"Sure honey, I'll do that. My head is just killing me."

I looked toward Kimi and motioned for her to stay in here at the table.

"Mom Kimi will stay in here while i help you to your room. That Kimi and Robert can talk some while Robert works on your soup."

She just nodded and smiled. I walked over to her as Kimi walked to the table and took a seat. I grabbed my mom's elbow as she walked toward the door. She gave Robert a kiss on the cheek as we passed him.

We walked toward the stairs and as we started up them she lost her balance for a split second. I knew my mom hated people waiting on her, she always had. She was so independent and this was her nightmare.

I helped steady her as we continued up the stairs.

"Laura honey, I'm sorry for everything since I've come home. It's just the night i came home and you weren't here i was worried sick about you. I didn't realize that i had hurt you at the restaurant with my friends stopping by. Robert mentioned that i hurt you more that i realized and i am so sorry."

I nodded my head toward her. If she was expecting an apology from me for earlier in the week then she wasn't getting one. We got to her room and she pushed the door opened. I could tell that she had been sick all night and morning.

The bed was covered in tissues. I saw a box of chocolate on the bed side table.

"Robert bought me chocolates hoping to make me feel better. At the time i didn't think i was this sick. Laura honey i don't expect any apology from you either. I know I've been horrible but I'm going to change i promise. I'll call Kimi's mom when I'm feeling better and ask to pick her up as well when i pick you up for dress shopping. I know Kimi would love to go with us."

I nodded my head.

"Sure mom that would be great."

I would be great if she actually stuck to it. I help her into bed and pulled the comforter over her.

"Mom why in the world is the central air on? The central heat should be on."

She turned her head toward me.

"I think Robert accidentally did that. He doesn't know how to work that i'm afraid."

I just shook my head with a smile on my face. I turned off the air and turned on the heat. I didn't want her to get a fever or make her cold worse.

I looked over at her and saw her eyes closed. I walked into her bathroom and found a rag and put it under the faucet. I rung out the extra water and turned out the light.

I walked over to my mom, folding the rag i placed it over her forehead. She jumped a little at the coolness but then relaxed into it. She opened her eyes and looked at me questioningly.

"The rag will help with your headache and it might help with you getting a fever. At least keep it away for a while. Robert should be getting you some more medicine later. Just get some rest now."

She gave me a sleepy smile and closed her eyes. I walked toward the door and flipped off the the light. I closed the door behind me and walked toward the kitchen.

When i got there all talking had stopped.

"OK than apparently you don't want me to know what the discussion was, I understand."

I looked from Kimi to Robert. Kimi had a grin on her face and Robert's cheeks were pink. I grabbed Kimi pulling her from the table.

"Well Robert Kimi and i have to get ready for the party slash bonfire tonight. Also you should try to get my mom some NyQuil and some decongestant that might help her."

I grabbed Kimi's arm and we walked out of the room

"You will tell me what the both of you talked about."

I warned her as we made our way to my room.

---

Author's Note:

Here are the girls clothes:
Pj: http://www.polyvore.com/pajamas/set?id=31990972
Lounge: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=32431924

REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES, & TELL A FRIEND!!