[Epilogue]

Epilogue

January 2, 2010

I’m leaving for home today. I would say we but mom and Robert aren’t coming with me. Apparently Robert has some movies to get ready to film in and they decided to stay in New York while he does all that.

Sarah’s smiling at me from the living room to which I roll my eyes. The damn girl is annoying the shit out of me. She’s grinning like she won the lottery. I don’t understand her.

I’m sitting at the bar in the kitchen of the apartment. A bowl of cereal sits in front of me and I can’t even force myself to eat the entire bowl. I’m still in my pajamas moving my spoon around the bowl. I use my free hand to pull my brown sweater tighter against my torso.

The entire apartment is like an igloo. Sarah loves the cold so she keeps it extra cold in the house all the time.

I can hear chatter from the TV as Sarah watches some soap opera I don’t know the name of. I sigh looking down at my bowl of cereal. I know I should eat something but I can’t. My stomach is a jumble of nerves and my head is pounding. I don’t know when I got the headache but it’s felt like I’ve had it since yesterday. Nothing I do seems to get rid of the headache I have.

I stayed in the bed most of the day yesterday after hearing the news. It wasn’t until late in the night last night that I finally got up. I packed my suitcase and took a walk outside. No one knew about said walk because if they did they would kill me.

A sudden shiver runs through my body to which I groan. Who likes this cold when it’s cold outside? I grab the bowl in front of me standing to my feet. What’s the point of sitting here trying to eat a bowl of cereal I can’t even eat? I ate two spoonfuls and now I feel like I’m going to throw that up. I couldn’t eat anything yesterday after hearing the news of mom and Robert. I threw up the waffles she cooked me and I hadn’t eaten anything else.

I pour the bowl of milk and cereal in the sink and turn on my heel down the hallway. I can hear snickering from Sarah in the living room as I push my room door opened. The bed is made and my suitcases are zipped up and sitting up ready to leave.

My outfit is sitting on the bed to which I huff. Walking to the bed I quickly change into the black jeans, overly huge t-shirt and a pair of my white and black striped sneakers. I stare in the mirror attempting a smile but it doesn’t work very well.

I suddenly hear commotion from the living room and I creek my room door opened. I can hear heels clicking on the floor on then I hear my mother’s voice. I roll my eyes before grabbing my black jacket that Momaw had given me for Christmas.

“Laura! Honey, could you come out here?”

I huff looking in the mirror once again before yelling out, “I’m coming.”

I walk down the hall toward the living room where I find my mother standing in a pair of jeans and a red shirt along with jacket over her clothes. She sees me walking into the room and she walks over to the bar. She rummages through her purse before pulling out something.

“Here is your plane ticket. Your plane leaves soon so I would suggest getting ready to leave.”

I take the rectangular paper from her hand and looking at it. It’s a ticket straight home for one. I sigh, Annie and Angel along with Scott left already, I guess. I just hope my fear of flying will go away soon.

“Laura, don’t look so down. I mean you just spent New Year’s in New York for Christ sake!”

I roll my eyes, “Yeah only to have to return home alone. You didn’t mention this at Momaw’s because you knew she would chop your head off along Aunt Karen.”