[Chapter 64]

Chapter 64

December 27, 2009-December 31, 2009

Most of the week I’ve been with Annie and her friends. I’ve been avoiding mom and Robert like the plague. Annie’s other friends are much older than me, in their mid-twenties but they’re really nice.

Annie has been trying to get me to open up more around all of her friends but I just can’t. I’m afraid that just by association that all my friends are in danger. I sigh from my spot in hotel room. I’m in Angel’s and Scott’s room while everyone is crowded around the TV playing a game system they brought along with them.

Annie is texting on her phone trying to find something to do tonight. I actually wanted to watch the ball drop tonight but Annie said she was tired of doing that every year. She told me that a party would be more fun and that if I still wanted to watch ball drop than Angel and Scott would take me.

Angel and Scott loved watching the drop in Times Square. I personally had only ever watched it from the TV screen. My New Year’s Eve was always spent at Kimi with piles of junk food since they always came back because of me. This year Kimi and her mom were spending New Year’s Eve and Day with Jennifer’s mom, Kimi’s grandma, and Jeff, Kimi’s uncle along with aunt and cousins.

Annie looked up feeling my eyes on her and gave me a smile before returning to her phone. I sighed leaning back against the wall. I had been staying with Annie most nights just a few spent at the apartment. I was afraid of Sarah. I didn’t know if the damn girl would kill me in my sleep or not.

The nights I did sleep there were mostly to make sure mom and Robert were safe. I didn’t trust a word Sarah told me but I didn’t have much else to believe. I had to believe her words to me the other night.

Suddenly I heard beeping from my phone in my jacket. I pulled my phone from my pocket flipping it open.

One new message from Starry Night

I groaned that feeling of dread seeping into my stomach once again. I hadn’t been eating properly either since Sarah had come clean about everything. Food just didn’t seem appetizing when I knew Sarah could hurt someone I loved very easily.

I opened the text message to read what she had sent.

Broke it off yet? I’m about to tell mom if you don’t.

I sigh snapping the phone shut. She’s been doing this all week. She hasn’t actually called me just sent these messages all week. I don’t know what to really do. I can’t tell Annie or Kimi for fear they could be hurt in the process.

“Laura?!”

I snap my head up at the sound of Scotts voice. I give him a smile as he grins at me, “Want to play? I’m sick of being beaten at bowling by this twerp.”

I giggle nodding. Maybe if move around instead of sitting around won’t be so depressed. Angel is holding Wii remote pulling his arm back for his mii to bowl. I giggle as he scores a spare. I’ve played this game before with Alex at his cousin’s house.

Angel hands me the remote while Scott plays with his hair. I gaze at them; they are so much in love despite all the people around the world that looks down upon them. I wish Robert would love me like that; not caring what the world thought. As long as I was with him than nothing else would matter. I couldn’t seem to get Robert to understand any of this.

I pull my arm back and bring it forward for my mii to bowl a strike. Angel groans, “Great, I’m about to be beaten by a girl. Where did my masculinity go?”