Are We An Item? [22]

(Jasmine pictured above)
Christmas Day....

Jasmine POV
Alex: Jasmine you still coming?

Me: Yeah I'm pulling up now

Alex: Okay wait in your car for me

I looked up from my phone pulling up to the address Alex gave me. It was this big beautiful house with a lot of cars outside and a few people having conversations. I assumed that everyone was inside but I waited for Alex to come.

Leaving the door open for her, Alex in the car and gave me a kiss on the lips. She looked so beautiful with this fitted black lace dress on.

"You look handsome haha", she chuckled.

"You look really good yourself", I said biting my lip. "Merry Christmas", I said handing her a present

"Merry Christmas and what's this lol?"

"Don't open it yet. Open it later on"

"Lol okay"

"I didn't know you guys were living large like this", I pointed at her house.

"This is nothing lol"

I was kind of nervous to go into this party with Alex tbh. After all Alex's mom was the only family I've met of hers. I don't know how her family would react about her being on a date with a girl considering that she's been dating men her whole life.

Even though it isn't confirmed that we are together or anything like that, I don't want us to be the center of attention on Christmas Day. I felt Alex grab my hand with a big smile. It looked like she was really happy that I came and I was.

"Relax Jasmine, trust me you'll have fun. My family is cool as fuck and they won't act any kind of way. I promise" she assured.

"Yeah yeah I hope so" I mumbled.

"Cmon let's go"

Alex walked me into her house holding my hand as I prepared myself for the worst.

A couple minutes later....

I have been talking to Alex's aunt for the past 10 minutes now and she has been super sweet. I felt so comfortable around everyone and nobody looked at me strange. Alex aunt is gay and happily married to her wife with two kids. She also had a cousin who is openly gay and it was pretty awesome that she had a family that didn't care about what sex you were attracted to. 

"I heard you took your school to championships. Congratulations even though I really don't watch basketball like that", her mom said smiling at me.

"Thank you so much"

My mom is the same way as Alex's mom, not really caring for any sports but always supporting me all of the way.

"You wanna dance?" Alex asked me.

"Me and you to this romantic ass song?" I asked.

She laughed at my confusion.

"Duh who else?", she smiled. "C'mon let's go"

She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor and I held her by her waist. 

"My family really likes you", she said.