Old Flings & New Beginnings [23]

(Ashton pictured above)

Jasmine POV
School is open and I'm back on my grind in the gym. I'm getting more focused on the game and trying to keep up with everything Coach Bonnie has the team and I doing. Today is Friday so that means we're working on our defense.

"Let's go Jas you gotta keep up cmon", Coach yelled from the sidelines.

She clapped her hands and blew the whistle signaling for us to sit on the bleachers. As we did, she began to talk about our performance during practice and I was hoping that my feedback wasn't terrible.

"I love it girls, amazing defense and everyone is doing well but I need to talk to you Ashton and Jasmine", Coach said pointing at Ashton and I. "Oh and don't forget everyone practice on Monday 7 am sharp."

They all sighed of relief and started to walk off  into the locker room with sweat dripping from their bodies. Ashton was kissing Claire all over as usual but they came back to reality when Coach blowed her whistle at them yelling 'Get a goddamn room' lol. Claire walked off smiling as Ashton and I followed Coach to her office and took a seat in the chairs across from her desk.

"You know why I called you girls in here?", she asked.

"Uh no mam", Ashton said raising her eyebrows.
"Nope", I said.

She smiled at us and took a seat on her table. I didn't know whether to be uncomfortable or scared because Coach Bonnie can be a little unusual at times lol.

"Well I have some really good news. You ready to hear it?"

"Yeah go ahead", I said nodding my head along with Ashton.

"So I got a call from a Mrs. Cheryl Reeve and she is really interested in signing you two next year to her WNBA team!!"

"No fricking way?!", Ashton shouted in excitement.

"THE Cheryl Reeve??", I said obviously lost for words.

We both smiled and jumped up and down overwhelmed with joy. Cheryl Reeve is the biggest head coach in the WNBA. She coaches for the Minnesota Lynx and I gotta say they are the best team. 28 wins and 6 losses last season is pretty impressive. I've always had my eyes set on this team and to hear this news is even better.

"You girls interested?", Coach asked.

"Hell yeah", Ashton said.

I smiled and agreed with her. I mean who wouldn't?

"There is a little hiccup in the deal she's offering though..."

"What's that?", I asked.

"This will be your last year in college. You won't do senior year"

"Ohh", Ashton said as we both frowned.

I thought we would have been able to do one more year in school and then get drafted but I guess that's not the case.

"I know this is a big deal so how about you girls just think about it and get back to me okay?", Coach said smiling.

We both shook our head yes as we headed out of the door on the way to the locker room. When we walked in, it looked like everyone was already gone so we just changed and talked about the deal we got.