Proof of Heaven

Author's Note: This chapter came about as the result of a drabble challenge. @Bloonstuff asked for #6 on the list: "I just like proving you wrong." This was a tough one. Hope you like it, sweets!

Summary: Even is just so *extra* and Isak is determined to prove it to him. Scene occurs in Isak's bedroom at the Kollektivet.

***

ISAK: I hate you.

EVEN: [soft laugh] Okay, what have I done now?

ISAK: [turns his phone around] Look at these.

There are photos of Even, candids that Isak has been taking since the Kosegruppa Christmas party. It started out casually enough, but has become something of an obsession.

Even asleep, burrowed under the duvet with nothing but his head exposed.
Even laughing as he spoons muesli into his mouth.
Even frowning in concentration as he works on a new drawing.
Even smiling the smile that he only ever seems to have for Isak.

EVEN: Taking your stalking to a new level?

ISAK: It's just...so fucking unfair.

EVEN: What is?

ISAK: That you look like that in every flipping photo. I don't think you're capable of taking a bad picture.

EVEN: [smiles] Awww, that was sweet.

ISAK: [miffed] No, I'm not being sweet, I'm serious. It's not right.

Isak swipes through his phone to reach another folder, another carousel of Even.

Even sitting in his window doing homework.
Even playing FIFA with Linn.
Even having a quiet heart-to-heart with Magnus in the corner of the living room. (Isak still wants to know what that was all about.)
Even hugging his mom.

ISAK: Every single one. I could take one right now, and you'd look like a fucking GQ model.

Even snorts, then sniffs and grabs a tissue. He's picked up a winter cold, and feels like utter shit. He hasn't showered in at least two days.

EVEN: Not happening. Besides, you're the only one wearing rose-coloured glasses, Issy. See this? [points at his forehead where a mosaic of blemishes has blossomed] I look like I have the measles.

ISAK: No. You don't. You should, but you don't. You look like some cool, London hipster who's ready to walk down a goddamned runway.

EVEN: [gives him an incredulous look] My hair is oily.

ISAK: And yet still perfect.

EVEN: I'm wearing five different colours.

ISAK: Someone would think it was a fashion statement. If you walked out that door right now, you could pick up anyone you wanted in, like, five minutes.

EVEN: [laughs] Geez, babe. You've got it bad.

ISAK: That's beside the point. [gets up] I'll prove it.

Isak leaves the room.

Even's not sure what's gotten into his boyfriend. He isn't sure whether he should be amused or worried.

When Isak returns, he has Eskild with him.

ESKILD: How is the patient?

EVEN: I'm fine. Just a little groggy and tired. But Isak, here, thinks I hung the moon, so that's a booster.

ESKILD: [swoons] You two are adorbs.

ISAK: [rolls his eyes] If you're done, I need you to help us with something.