Revelation

Author's Note: This is another from the drabble challenge. @bellakitse asked for number 89: "And when did you plan on telling me about this?"

Summary: Even invited a few of his friends to have a pre-game over at his place for a change. He's gotten to know Isak's friends pretty well, but hadn't gotten around to introducing him to his old friends, the few that remained after Bakka. The evening has gone well, and Even is happy that Isak feels relaxed enough to let him cuddle him while they drink beer and shoot the shit.

***

His friend Britt has been eyeing him all night, casting sly smiles his way anytime he kisses Isak's hair or Isak whispers in his ear. Finally, he can't take it anymore.

EVEN: What's up, Bri?

BRITT: [grinning] You two are too fucking cute, Even. I mean...I never thought I'd see you like this.

ISAK: [arches an eyebrow] Er...aren't you friends with Sonja?

Britt nods.

ISAK: You were around when they, uh...when they were together.

BRITT: Oh, yeah. I was there when they met. Inseparable, those two, for a while. [she takes a sip from her bottle and then tips it toward them] This is very different.

ISAK: [clearly intrigued, sits up a bit] Different how?

Even wonders how much Isak has had to drink, because he seems perfectly content to have this conversation in the presence of the others. Even arches an eyebrow at Britt. She runs her tongue over her teeth, champing at the bit to spill whatever she's thinking. It's always been like this with her.

EVEN: Don't hold back on my account.

BRITT: [sets her bottle down and sits up] Alright, well, for one thing, Sonja was very much...in charge.

EVEN: [both eyebrows arch] Oh really? You think so?

BRITT: [smirks] I know so, and so do you. Anyway, Isak, here, he seems happier letting you run things.

ISAK: [huffs] I'm in charge.

EVEN: [kisses his nape] Of course you are, babe.

BRITT: [giggle] No, lamb. You're not, but it's not like Even here is bossing you around. That's not what I mean. I just meant...you're the little spoon.

ISAK: [scoffs] The what?

BRITT: Jesus, you are so adorable. Evi, where did you find this one?

EVEN: [grins and runs a hand through Isak's hair, who visibly relaxes with the touch] He fell out of the sky and right into my lap.

ISAK: My cheese alarm is going off.

BRITT: Aww, that's so sweet, Evi.

ISAK: [turns to peer at Even] Evi?

EVEN: Don't even think about it.

ISAK: [grins] Noted. [turns back to Britt] Why do you think I'm the little spoon? We're the same size spoons. Equals. I mean yeah, he's got a few inches on me so I tend to disappear in his noodle arms, but that's just logistics.

BRITT: Don't fret, doll, I just meant that you sort of...defer to Even. He kisses you. He takes your hand. He initiates.

ISAK: [frowns] Not always.

BRITT: Fair enough. [leans across and places a hand on Isak's knee] It's not a judgment or anything, I think it's sweet. Even may put on a show in public, but he was always the one to acquiesce to whatever Sonja wanted.