Chapter 4

We all know who this is don't we. lol. :) Our lovely Severus Snape.  Had to find a good picture of him for this chapter. :) 

Astoria did her best to keep up with Snape's long and quick stride, as she follows him. Her mind wonders to where her quarters were. After a while of walking through the corridors, Snape stopps abruptly at a door and turns on his heels to look at her blankly. Snape simply said, "Your quarters." Then he turns on his heels again and walks off, his cloak billowing behind him. Astoria just stood there in disbelief as she watches him walk off. Astoria sighs, shakes her head and turns to her door. She pulls her wand out and taps her wand on the door knob, opening the door non-verbally. She enters her quarters and shuts the door behind her. She looks around her office and takes in the vine carved fireplace and dark oak walls of the room. Making a mental note to get some floo powder for her fireplace. A high-back black leather arm chair was by the fireplace. A dark oak coffee table sat in front of the chair. To the right of her door was her mahogany desk with a matching cushioned chair. Behind the chair were shelves for her potion ingredients and potions. The shelves were made of ebony. 2 straight-back chairs were set in front of her desk. An ornated-looking rug was on the floor, right in the middle of her office. A bookcase stood across the office door, filled with leatherbound books. She stares at the book case, a gut feeling telling her that her bedoom was behind that bookcase. She walks to the bookcase and once again taps her wand against the shelf. The bookcase opens like a door, revealing her sleeping quarters. Surprised at herself, she walks into the bedroom, the bookcase closing behind her as she enters. The bedroom consisted of a 4-poster bed with dark red curtains, another slightly smaller bookcase opposite the bed. A beside table was on one side of the bed. To the right of her bed was a dark wooden dresser with a mirror. Next to the dresser was a tall oaken wardrobe. At the end of the room was a door. The bedroom wasn't big, but it wasn't small either. She walked towards the door at the end of the bedroom and opens it. Inside was the bathroom. A decent size bathroom, though a little smaller than the bedroom. A white clawed bathtub sat to the right of the door. To the left, a shower. Right across from the bathroom door, was the bathroom sink. White like the bathtub with a round mirror on the wall. the floor was of black marble, the walls were white with black vines elegantly drawn on them. Astoria thought to herself: 'Not bad. It'll do.' She smiles then heads back to her bedroom to unpack. She pulls out her trunk and and waves her wand at it, returning it to its regular size. She puts her robes in the wardrobe, her casual clothes in the dresser. Her shoes and boots were put by her bed, along with her trunk. She put her toiletries in the bathroom and her broomstick by the wardrobe. She went back outside to her office and set her cauldron up across from the fireplace, right in a corner of her office. She put up her potion ingredients and potions on the shelves behind her desk. Now done unpacking, she closes her trunk and sits on her bed with a satisfied sigh and smiles. She says to herself, "I made it to Hogwarts. I hope I do well here." She sighs again as her thoughts go to Snape. Her smile fades, "I wonder why he behaves like this. The war is over, so Voldemort isn't hanging over all our heads anymore. Since the war is over, everyone now knows the truth about him. How he switched sides the minute Volermort targeted the Potters. How he spied for Dumbledore, so that Lily's death wasn't in vain. How they were friends since childhood. How he was amongst the few that helped Harry bring Voldemort down for good. That he did all of this, for her, for Lily." Astoria sighs again, but then a determined look came across her face as she says quietly to herself, "I will figure you out Severus Snape. I will not have you be cold towards me forever. I will break down every wall you have up. You'll see." Sighing again and shaking her head, she gets up and gets ready for bed.