Chapter 13

This is what Astoria's birthday cake would look like for this chapter, but with the red candle in the shape of the number 33 on the top of the cake. :) I thought it would be the perfect cake for Astoria. :) Enjoy!! 

The three weeks have gone by very fast for Astoria. Before long it was her 33rd birthday. It was Saturday morning as she went down to the Great Hall for breakfast. She enters the hall and heads to the staff table. Snape looks up from what he was eating and watches Astoria go to her seat, before returning to his food. Snape thought about the bracelet he had in his pocket along with the potion and card. Snape also had a plan on how to give her his two gifts. He will have her go to the Room of Requirements with a piece of parchment, telling her exactly what to say to have the door appear for her. He, himself, will be waiting inside. He smiles slightly in spite of himself. Poppy smiles and says, "Happy Birthday Astoria." Astoria smiles, "Thank you, Poppy." McGonagall also smiles at Astoria and says, "Happy Birthday, Astoria." Astoria smiles again and says, "Thank you, headmistress. " Snape looks at Astoria and says in his silky voice, "Happy Birthday, Astoria. May your birthday wish come true." Astoria smiles at Snape, "Thank you, Severus." Snape raises an eyebrow and asks, "Any plans for your birthday?" Astoria replies, "I'm not sure what I'll be doing for my birthday. Maybe relax or something. I know my parents will send me their gifts, They always do." As if on cue, owls started flying into the Great Hall, dropping parcels and letters to the students. One owl came flying towards Astoria. Astoria recognized it as her mother's owl. The owl landed in front of her holding out a small parcel which had a card attached to it. Astoria gently takes the parcel and card, "Thank you, Ares." The owl nips her finger gently, then flies off. Astoria opens the envelope and takes out the card. The card was handmade, from what Astoria could see. The card was red and yellow, her house colors. The words Happy Birthday, Astoria, written on the front of the card. She smiles as she opens the card and reads it: 

 My Dear Astoria,

Your father and I would like to wish you a very happy birthday. We hope you enjoy your special day and that you enjoy our gift. It belonged to your grandmother and we thought you'd like to have it. Happy 33rd birthday to our wonderful daughter. 

Your loving parents,

Eleanor and Edward Alderlade.

Astoria smiles, looking teary-eyed at her card. She whispers, "Thank you mum and dad." She puts the card away and opens her gifts. Astoria gasps as she sees what her parents had sent her. It was a golden locket. It was shaped like an oval with a ruby set in the center. Astoria gently takes out the locket and opens it. Inside the locket is a picture of her grandmother and her mother. Both her grandmother and mother smile up at her from the photos. Astoria smiles even more as tears begin to fall. She whispers, "Hello grandmother. I heard so much about you from mother." Her grandmother smiles proudly at the photo of Eleanor, who smiles back in return, Then looks up at Astoria and smiles even more proudly. Astoria smiles at the 2 photos and says, "I love you both very much." They smile up at her from the photos. Astoria closes the locket and puts it back in the box. Then puts the box in her pocket. She wipes her tears away and takes a sip of orange juice. Snape smiles slightly, "That is a very precious gift, your mother sent you. Cherish it forever." Astoria looks at Snape and says, "Oh I will, Severus."

The day went by smoothly, with a few students wishing Astoria a happy birthday as well. As evening fell, Snape knew it was time to put his plan into action. He wanted to make sure Astoria enjoyed her birthday. Snape calls a house elf to his office. The house elf appeared. Snape said to the house elf, "Is the cake ready?" The house elf squeaked "Yes sir." Snape replied, "Good. Take it up to the Room of Requirement. Take a bottle of elf-made wine as well." The house elf nods and disappears. After checking his pockets to make sure his gift was there. He goes to the owlery with a folded piece of parchment. He finds Hades and calls to him. Hades flies down to him and lands on his arm. Snape pulls out the parchment and says softly, "Give this to Astoria. Make sure she gets it, Hades." Hades nips his fingers affectionately and takes the letter. Snape takes Hades to the window and raises his arm a little. Hades jumps from his arm and flies towards the castle. Snape watches his owl go, then quickly heads back to the castle, and up to the seventh floor. He walks pass the spot on the wall three times thinking, 'I need a place to celebrate Astoria's birthday in private.' A door materialized after he walks past it a third time. Snape stops and looks at the door. The door had vines carved into it and the handle was made of iron. Snape walks towards the door and opens the door. He steps into the Room of Requirements and closes the door. The door disappears as he walks forward and looks around. The room was spacious and large. There was a cluster of balloons here and there along with streamers. A banner hung from the ceiling which said Happy Birthday, Astoria. There was a table with a white table cloth on it. The table had streamers going around the edges and a cluster of balloons at each corner. On the table was the cake, ice cream and wine. The cake was a small 3-tiered red velvet cake covered with cream cheese icing. The cake was decorated with red icing and red flowers. On top of the cake stood a red candle in the shape of the number 33. On the table there was a knife to cut the cake, an ice cream scoop and a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream. A few feet away, was another table also covered in a white table cloth, but it was set for two. The table was set with two goblets, two plates, and two forks. The wine was also on the table in a small bucket of ice. Candles floated near the celing lighting up the entire room, basking the room in a warm glow. Snape paced as he waited for Astoria.