Chapter 18

The ring in the picture, is the engagement ring he bought for Astoria. :) I thought it was a beautiful ring and perfect for my fanfic. :)

As the weather became warmer as well as wetter, the 5th year students studied for their O.W.Ls. While the 7th year students studied for their N.E.W.Ts. Some students having emotional break downs, are sent to the Hospital Wing. Where Madam Pomfrey and Astoria tend to them, giving them calming draughts.

Snape paced around his office that afternoon, thinking of when it would be the right moment to ask the most important question he has ever asked in his entire life. To ask Astoria to marry him. He will first have to ask her father for her hand in marriage. If her father allows it, then he can go to Gretel's Jewelry Shop for an engagement ring. It has to be the perfect ring for the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with. She was the one for him. Of that he was certain.

Snape goes to the fireplace and takes some floo powder and throws it into the fireplace. Once the fire turns green, he enters the fireplace and said, "Alderlade Manor." and is whisked away. He lands on his feet at the manor and brushes himself off. He calls out, "Eleanor, are you home?" Eleanor comes into the room and said, "Oh, hello Severus. What brings you here?" Snape replies, "I need to speak to your husband. Is he in?" Eleanor smiles, "Yes he's in his office. I'll go get him. Have a seat and make yourself at home." Snape smiles slightly, "Thank you, Eleanor." Eleanor smiles and leaves the room as Snape takes a sit in the armchair. Eleanor returns with Edward. Both of them takes a seat across from him. Snape looks at Edward and begins to speak, "Edward? You know that I am in love with your daughter, correct?" Edward smiles, "Yes I know. Astoria writes to us often telling us how in love she is with you. I am glad that you feel the same way for her." Snape relaxes, then becomes a little nervous, as he said, "The reason I asked that is because," Snape takes a deep breath and lets it out, "I would like to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage." Edward smiles more broadly now as do Eleanor. Edward says, "I will allow it, Severus. I can tell that you and Astoria love each other very much. All I want is for my daughter to be happy." Eleanor adds, "It's all we ever wanted for her. As long as she's happy, then we're happy." Snape relaxes fully and smiles, "Thank you both." Edward says, "You're very welcome, Severus."

Snape gets up and shakes both their hands and said, "I must go now. I have an engagement ring to buy." Edward chuckles, "Of course. By all means. Don't let us keep you." Eleanor chuckles slightly at what her husband said. Snape smiles, "As term will be over soon, I'd like you, Edward and your wife to be at the end of term feast. I am planning to ask Astoria the most important question of my entire life, in front of the entire school no less." Edward chuckles,         "Ah. She will be most surprised. We will be there, Severus." Severus smiles, "Good. be there, when everyone is done eating. Come through the door behind the staff table." Edward replies smiling, "Will do, Severus." Snape smiles and gives a slight bow to both of them, kissing Eleanor's hand in the process. Snape looks at Eleanor and asks, "One last question. What is Astoria's ring size?" Eleanor smiles and replies, "She is a size seven, Severus." Snape smiles and nods his thanks, heads to the fire place and throws a handful of floo powder into the fireplace. Once the fire turns green, he enters the fireplace and says, "Until we meet again Edward, Eleanor." Eleanor says smiling, "Until we meet again, Severus." Snape smiles, then says, "Gretel's Jewelry Shop" and is whisked away.

Snape lands on his feet with ease. He takes out his wand and waves it over himself then puts his wand back up his sleeve. Snape calls out, "Gretel are you in?" Gretel comes into the room and smiles, "Yes. I am here." Snape says, "Good. I need to see the best engagement rings that you possess." Gretel smiles, "Of course. This way please." Snape follows Gretel to the front of the shop, as Gretel goes behind the counter and brings up many beautiful rings, "These are the best rings I have made. Take a look at them and see if there is any that catches your eye." Gretel explains.