Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Snape wakes up and looks at the sleeping form of his girlfriend, Astoria. He smiles at the thought of that, as he takes in her beauty. How peaceful she looks as she sleeps. How close she is to him. Her warm body against his. He sighs contentedly as he watches her sleep. He kisses her lightly on her head and without waking her, carefully gets out of bed. He gives himself a good stretch and heads quietly to the bathroom for a hot shower. After a nice hot shower, he gets out of the shower and dries himself off. He tiptoes quietly and grabs his usual black robes and gets dressed. After combing his hair, he grabs his wand and puts it up his sleeve. He takes a quill and parchment, writes a little note to her, and leaves the note on the bed next to her. He smiles as an idea comes to him. He takes out his wand and waves it over the note. A beautiful lily appears on the note. He puts his wand back up his sleeve and quietly leaves for the Great Hall, a noticeable spring in his step.

Astoria wakes up a few minutes later, her hand looking for his warm body. Upon realizing that he wasn't there, she opens her eyes and sees a note with a lily on it. She smiles and picks up the lily and the note. She smells the lily, then starts to read the note:

My lovely Astoria,

I did not have the heart to wake you, because you looked so peaceful when you sleep and I did not want to disturb you. Last night was incredible, a night that I will never forget. A night that I will cherish forever. I love you, Astoria, always. I hope you slept well, my love. I shall meet you in the Great Hall, my lovely Astoria.

I am forever yours, always,

Severus Snape

P.S. I hope you like the lily I left you. I took the liberty of having the house elves bring your robes to my quarters, since you spent the night with me. The password to enter my quarters ,is of course: Lily. To lock yourself out of my quarters is: Salazar.

Astoria chuckles as she takes the note and lily and gets out of bed. She gives herself a good stretch and heads to the bathroom for a good hot shower. After she showers, she gets out and dries herself off, then puts on her robes and brushes her hair. Satisfied with how she looks, she grabs her wand and waves it over the bed, cleaning it. She waves her wand once more over the bed, and makes the bed. She walks out of his quarters, closes the door behind her and says the password to lock the door. She heads to the Great Hall and spots Snape. She smiles at Snape who smiles slightly in return. Love can clearly be seen in his eyes. Not hiding it in the slightest. Astoria goes to the staff table and sits down. Snape watching her as she does so. Astoria sits down, sets her lily down and begins to eat. Snape smiles as he sees the lily, then turns to his food and begins to eat as well.

McGonagall looks at the pair of them and asks, "Where were you two? I haven't seen either of you two since the waltz." Snape looks at McGonagall. After taking a sip of his orange juice, Snape said, "Astoria and I wanted some time alone." McGonagall smiles knowingly, "I see. You two have gotten quite close then?" Snape said, "Yes we are. In fact, I might as well tell you all now, but not a word to the students, understood?" The teachers nod. "You especially Hagrid." said Snape as he looks at Hagrid. Hagrid replies, "You have my word, Professor." Snape sighs, his cheeks slightly pink, as he said, "Astoria and I are a couple now. We are very much in love." Astoria chokes on her pancakes as she turns red. She takes a few sips of her orange juice and looks at Snape. Her face as red as a tomato. The teachers look at Astoria now. Astoria still blushing, clears her throat and said, "He is correct. We are a couple now and we love each other very much." The teachers smile as they give their congrats to both Snape and Astoria. Snape and Astoria gave their thanks and return to their breakfast. The teachers did the same.