Chapter 12

Snape smiles and feels proud of Harry for continuing his studies to be an auror, and surprised that Harry wants to name one of his children after him. When he starts to read what Harry said about Astoria, he pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs. How will he tell her how he feels. He has already come to terms with how he feels about Astoria. He will have a lot to think about in terms of telling Astoria his true feelings for her. Harry's right, he will have to tell her eventually. He grabs a piece of parchment and picks up his quill and begins to write back his reply to Harry.  

Meanwhile,  Astoria has just discharged a student from the Hospital Wing, after being in a duel with another student in the corridors. Astoria sighs wondering why these students resort to dueling in the corridors. After putting the chart away She heads down to dinner. As she enters the Hall, she sees Snape heading to the staff table. She follows suit. As Astoria begins eating her dinner, Snape looks over at her and wonders what her feelings are towards him. He sighs and turns to his food and begins to eat. Astoria looks over to Snape and starts to feel that warm feeling again. She can't seem to stop thinking about him either. 'What would he see in me anyways,' she thought. She sighs and goes back to eating. After dinner she goes to her quarters. Snape goes to his office, holds out his arm for both Sasha and Hades "Come Sasha, Hades," said Snape, "Time for you two to go to the owlery." Sasha and Hades hop onto his arm. Snape pockets his letter to Harry, leaves his office and locks his door magically. Snape heads out of the castle and towards the owlery. Once there he says, "Of you go you two." They spread their wings and fly up to the rafters. He sends his letter to Harry with another owl.

Snape sighs and leaves the owlery and heads back to the castle. A thought came to him as he was heading to his office. He turns around and heads to Astoria's office. Snape reaches her office and knocks. Astoria's voice is heard as she says, "Come in." Snape enters and takes his seat in one of the two chairs in her office. Astoria smiles upon seeing who it was, "Hello Severus." Snape smiles slightly, "Hello Astoria. May I ask you something?" Astoria smiles and says, "Of course. Ask away." Astoria notices that Snape looks a little nervous. Snape says, "When is your birthday? If you don't mind me asking of course." Astoria chuckles, "I don't mind at all. My birthday is on October 12th. Why?" Snape realizes that her birthday is just 3 weeks away. Snape looking even more nervous, says, "I thought perhaps I could get you a present for your birthday." Astoria blushes slightly, "You want to get me a present for my birthday?" Snape replies with a slight smile, "Yes. I hope you don't mind." Astoria still blushing says, "Oh. Not at all. I like getting presents on my birthday. Thank you." Snape replies with a smirk, " You're welcome. You're blushing again." Astoria blushes even more. With a slight chuckle she says, "Severus don't." Snape smirks, allowing a slight chuckle of his own, "I will leave you to your work." He stands to leave, when Astoria stops him with a question of her own. "When is your birthday, Severus?" Asked Astoria. Snape stops and smiles slightly, then turns around to look at her and says, "January 9th." Astoria smiles, "I'll make sure to remember that." Snape nods with that slight smile, then turns back around and leaves her office. Astoria's stomach flutters as she thought of what Snape would get her for her birthday.

As Snape walks back to his office. His mind wonders on what to get her for her birthday. Perhaps a potion? Or maybe a piece of jewlery? Snape smiles to himself then thought, maybe he can give both. His musings, however were interrupted by Professor McGonagall. McGonagall says, "Is that a smile I see, Severus?" Snape says silky, "What do you want, Minerva." McGonagall chuckles, "Relax will you. I merely noticed that you're smiling that's all." Snape retorts, "So what if I'm smiling." McGonagall says, "Who's the lucky woman that has you smiling?" Snape's cheeks flushed slightly. "I beg your pardon? What woman?" Snape hisses. McGonagall smirks, "Someone put that smile on your face, so I assumed it was a woman. I think I am right, Severus." Snape's cheek was still flushed as he hisses, "If you must know, it's Astoria. You will not tell anyone about this, Minerva!" McGonagall chuckles. Anger flares up in his sallow face, "Your word Minerva!" McGonagall smiles, then replies, " Will you calm down, Severus!" Snape takes a few deep breath then repeats what he says, "Will you give me your word that you will not tell anyone about my true feelings for Astoria. Until I am ready?" McGonagall smiles then sighs, "If you insist. I won't tell anyone of your true feelings for Astoria, Severus. You have my word." Snape sighs in relief, then replies, "Thank you. Now if you will excuse me, I have essays to grade." McGonagall nods, "Good luck, Severus." Snape nods then walks off in the direction of the dungeons. His cloak billowing behind him.

The Half-Blood Princess (A Snape and Astoria Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें