Chapter 6

The week went by uneventful, unless you count Snape coming up twice that week with a student covered in whatever potion they were making in Potions class. Just as Madam Pomfrey had predicted. Overall, it was a good week for Astoria. She went down to the Great Hall for dinner Saturday evening. As she had her dinner, she saw an owl fly towards Snape. She watches as the owl lands in front of Snape. Snape takes the letter the owl had brought to him. The owl flies off as soon as Snape removed the letter from its leg. Snape checks the letter for any curses, jinxes or any kind of spells that may have been put on it. 'Very wise move' Astoria thought. She watches as Snape opens the letter and reads it. He pockets the letter, after reading it, and gets up from the table. He then leaves the Great Hall with a look of determination on his face, his cloak billowing behind him. Astoria sits there curious, wondering what was in that letter. Madam Pomfrey sees the curious look on her face and answers what Astoria was thinking. "Severus has probably received word of a rare ingredient he's been after. He is Potions Master after all," She smiles. Astoria smiles back and says, "Ah ok. I was wondering what made him leave like that."

Snape's POV:

To finally receive word on a rare ingredient that I have been searching for, for several years, is rewarding. Finally I will have what I have been searching for. I leave the Great Hall determined to get to my location. I walk out the door and towards the gate with the winged boars flanked on either side of it. I know I can disapparate beyond the gate, so I move a little more quickly. I make it to the gate. Then I concentrate on the location that I needed to go to and disapparate. I apparated at the location without any issues. I cleared my mind and occluded just in case. I look around me. The village is quiet, No one is around. I walk up to what looks like, an abandoned house, but I know better. I walk up to the door and knock. I look around me as I waited. My instincts screaming that I should have my wand out and at the ready. I follow my instincts and pull out my wand from my sleeve. I look around once more, wand held at the ready. The door finally opens making me whip back around, wand out. My eyes harden as I recognize the wizard at the door. I keep my wand at the ready as I say coldy, "Selwyn, what are you doing here?" Selwyn smirks and says in his rough voice, "Bellatrix was right not to trust you. How the Dark Lord ever trusted you is beyond me. You are, by far, more cleverer and cunning than I thought. You betrayed the Dark Lord from the beginning didn't you?" It was my turn to smirk, "You already know why by now." Selwyn snarled, " Of course I know why! You loved that filthy mudblood! I jabbed my wand at his throat, making him go still. Anger flaring up in my face, as I said in my most dangerous voice, "Never say that word in front of me! How dare you! How dare you call her that! Yes I loved her. I always will. Did you really think I would stay loyal to Voldemort," (Selwyn flinched at Voldemort's name), "after he targeted Lily and her family?! Did you?!" Selwyn glares angrily back and shouts, "I should have known that you were turn spy against the Dark Lord! I should have believed Bellatrix!" I smirk coldly at Selwyn as I got close to his face, " Yes you should have. I did whatever it took to make sure her death wasn't in vain and I have succeeded! Voldemort is gone, for good and I am a free man at last. I can finally show my true colors." Sewlyn smirks for he had succeeded in riling me up that I did not notice two other figures moving closer to me, their wands raised in unison. I snapped at Sewlyn, eyes narrowing in suspicion, "Why are you still smirking?" Sewlyn still smirking said, "Good bye filthy muggle lover." I look confused at Sewlyn, only to hear from behind me the stunning spell being cast in unison. Before I could turn around, both spells hit me squarely on my back. Selwyn moves out of the way as I get thrown inside from the spell. I hit the ground hard and remember no more. 

Snape's wand rolls away from him. Selwyn picks up his wand and pockets it, then look over to the two thuggish figures standing by the doorway and smirks at them, "Well done Crabbe, Goyle." Both nod at Selwyn and walk inside. Crabbe closes the door and locks it. Goyle looks and Selwyn and asks,"What do we do with Snape?" Selwyn looks over at Snape's crumpled figure on the ground and says, "Tie him up, then we wake him and have some fun." Crabbe and Goyle smirk as they go and tie both of Snape's wrists and ankles. Then they moved me to one side of the room. Selwyn walks over to my still figure, and pulls out his wand and mutters, "Ennervate."