Chapter Eighteen:

The Walker relatives arrive in a blur of hugs and kisses, exclamations in Italian, flashing wrapping paper and laughs. Four little children run excitedly to Matteo, clutching at his legs and yanking on his arms, talking all at once and smiling.

I laugh at the sight, until I'm engulfed in a huge hug, kisses peppered on my cheeks.

"Oh, lei è così bella, Nathaniel lei è la tua ragazza?" The lady looks down at me with a cheeky smile, sending Nathan a glance, awaiting his answer to her question.

Looking rather bashful, with his eyes flicking between mine and his family, who's halted in their actions to hear his reply, he speaks his reply, the foreign language rolling easily off his tongue.

"No, no siamo amici," His cheeks are coloring crimson, a clear giveaway to his embarrassment.

Matteo laughs, winking at me before turning to the women who stands before me.

"Lei è così , si dovrebbe vedere la foto-" Matteo starts reaching for his phone a cheeky grin on his face as he does so, but it vanishes when Nathan interrupts him, his blush spreading down his neck and up to his ears.

"No, zitto!" Everyone laughs at his words, his relatives making mumbled remarks in rapid fast Italian.

"That's enough Matteo," Helen shakes her head at him, laughing lightly. "This is Emma, she's a family friend, and an employee."

I'm greeted with as much joy and affection as The Walker's, wrapped up in hugs, and peppered with kisses.

Obviously noticing my lack of intel in Italian, everyone has switched to English for my benefit, introducing themselves with smiles and laughs.

While the adults mingle by the dinning table Enzo had set up, us kids move to the fire place.

"Lei è una bellezza , dove hai trovato il suo Nathan?" The oldest boy smiles at me, a dimple denting his left cheek.

I smile back, turning to face Nathan on the couch, his cheeks tinted a crimson red.

"Lei mi ha trovato," He smiles at me, and I smile back easily, my heart jumping at the simple action.

Turning to face his cousins, I smile at the girls, both looking to be about my age.

"Hi." I smile at them and give a weird wave, not that they seem to care. The blonde one waves back, and the brunette, a little younger looking, just giggles coming up beside me.

"I'm Peyton." She gives me a hug, then launches into avid chatter, talking about everything under the sun. she's speaking so fast- I can't even understand her.

"Pey, shut up before you scare the poor girl." The older blonde laughs, resting hand on Peyton's shoulder, her actions affectionate in a sisterly way.

"I'm Mia, the older sister." She hugs me too, and I simply hug back, starting to catch on that it's a common greeting amongst their relatives.

"The boys have told us lots about you," She winks at that, giving a very not-so-subtle look to the side of Nathan's head, who's oblivious to this, talking adamantly in Italian to his cousin, the older boy with the dimple.

"All good things I hope?" I laugh lightly, but internally I'm nearly having a heart attack. What did they say? What did Nathan say?

"Of course! You know it's really nice, everything you've done for Nathan, he doesn't usually take to people outside of the family too well."

I smile at the mere thought of him, looking at him on the couch.

"I'm lucky to have him."

Everyone around me seems to think I've changed him, that I'm helping him, but in reality, I think Nathan is helping me.