ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I would like to say thank you to my family. DeWayne, Myla, Shelby, Marie, Jimmy, Heath, Tammy, Braden, Mason, Carrie, the list goes on forever. Thank you so much. For your support. For your help. For the little things. I think about you every day. I wouldn't be who I am today without you. Also, thank you to my friends at Harding University. To my roommate, Patrick, thank you for dealing with my late nights of writing. I know it wasn't easy rooming with a crazy person like me. Jenise, I loved your ideas and interpretations of my story. You made me think, which I believe is the greatest gift. Thank you to Suzie for your support and interest in my books. You altered my ideology for the back cover, and I think you made it better. Thank you. And to Kyrsten, your passion as you read my story put a new spark in me that I was missing. When I thought it wasn't enough, you fired me back up to do my best. Abby, thank you so much for keeping me in mind as you talked to the Bison Newspaper. Likewise, thank you to the Bison Newspaper for writing a story about me. Shannon and HU16 News, thank you so much for the love and support. You've been so kind to me. TC Magazine, thank you for showing support for me before the book was even close to publication. You really started something in me. I had great ideas for this book, but your magazine helped me realize that I can do more. Rebecca, thank you so much for talking with me about my book from the perspective of another author. Also, Alice from my editing company, thank you for dealing with my bickering when I was frustrated with trying to create a perfect novel and keep a 4.0 GPA in college. To my editors, Michael James-Cox and Grace Walsh, thank you for walking me through my weaknesses to help me grow. I know there will never be a perfect book, but you try to get close—thank you.

Lastly, thank you to the readers and the people giving me so much support. You bring me up and show me I can be more. I want to be someone like you one day.

Thank you,

Your friend, Wes