Prologue Part 1

It's already time for awarding ceremonies and Mnet is 1st to hold theirs.

     Red Velvet is currently preparing for the MAMA 2017 that will take place from 6pm to 12am tomorrow, but one bad thing happened; Joy doesn't feel good since this morning. She kept it as a secret because she knows well how her co-members will hardly adjust on the choreography that they prepared for three weeks. Besides, she also wanted to fulfill the fans' wishes since they didn't attend last MAMA 2016.

      For her, 2017 is the year of Red Velvet and she can't afford not to show even just a glimpse of her shadow to the fans.

     She gulps down some medicine that morning and barely got through that day's final rehearsal. The day of MAMA 2017 has come and her co-members are already worried about her, seeing that she looks so pale since their final rehearsal. Irene gathered all the rest of the members of Red Velvet in her hotel room except for Joy to talk about the situation.

     After a long discussion, they went to Joy's hotel room.

     Irene started to speak as soon as Joy opened the door for them "We know you don't feel well since yesterday. Joy you don't have to do this. Go rest well, we understand. We can do this next year and also it's not the only awarding ceremony that we'll be attending this year." Joy forms a smirk at how Irene spoke without a break. She turns around then walk to her bed and the members followed her "No please unnie, I can handle myself well. I can drink medicine anytime anyways." She said while walking and then sits on the side of the bed as she finished speaking. Seulgi and Wendy sits beside her and Yeri and Irene kept standing facing Joy.

     "Our Joy is growing up well." Wendy said as she pat's her on her back, "But you need to rest, look at yourself, you forced yourself yesterday and now you look so drained." Yeri and Seulgi can't agree more to Wendy and Irene. They all give her the 'Gwenchana -It's okay- look' then, so she said "I'll attend the red carpet no matter what guys." her voice cracked a little as she speak. She sounds really sick.

     "but—" Seulgi said.

     "Please, please, please, please." Joy cuts Seulgi's words then clasped her hands tightly together. "Unnie is so stubborn." Yeri said then came to Joy to check if she still has a fever. Joy gently removed Yeri's hand on her forehead and before any of them can say anything,

    "I want to show up for our fans." Joy paused, "It will be fine for me if I'm the only one who's not attending but no." she explained, "If I won't attend that means you're not attending too since I was included in every preparation for today's event. But this fever and dizziness came all of a sudden yesterday. I want us to attend on every awarding ceremony since after MAMA 2016. You know that. I want our fans to realize that we're more than great full enough for their efforts even we don't win." she sighed deeply "Joy-ah." Seulgi mumbled. Joy continued as she sits properly, "I will rest well in the dressing room right after the red carpet while you're up there watching the performance of others. I will wait for you there and go up-stage if it's time for us to perform. Just let our fans see me during the performance and end-core, please." She pleaded them. They all stared at Joy who seemed to plan everything beforehand-- for a moment then look at Irene.

     Wendy and Irene tried to discuss things out of Joy's hotel room. Seulgi, Yeri and Joy were left inside waiting for Wendy and Irene to come and say something about their decision.

     "You— ugh." Irene said sighing deeply after she slammed the door open. She walks to where Joy is while Wendy is closing the door. "Just—keep your promise that you'll be well. You're so dead if you don't go straight to the hospital after MAMA! Understand?!" Irene said widening her eyes open to Joy. 

    She sighed in relief. "Kamsahamnida unnie." Joy said smiling adorably. They all hugged each other tightly then shouted "FIGHTING" after the warm group hug.