Chapter 12

"Isn't my girlfriend the prettiest?"

     "You just denied her a while ago. Shut up." Joy said as she glanced at him.

     Jungkook can only smirk on what she said, "I didn't really deny her at all. I just don't know what to call our 'relationship'." Joy smiled to him as she walks fast to a bench along the alley of the street. She seats there and Jungkook followed her.

     "How did you meet her?" She asked as soon as she became comfortable sitting on the bench.

     "Well, Yugyeom's high school friend's family owns that restaurant and Minji is his high school friend's sister. We, the '97 liners often visit that restaurant and we meet her almost every time we'll go there." He said.

     "Was his brother good to him?"

     "I really don't know his brother but Yugyeom said he is and he takes care of Minji a lot when she was still a baby." Jungkook sighed deeply before saying the next words to Joy, "He died 2 years ago so I didn't have the chance to know him personally." Joy can only look at Jungkook with the sad eyes.

     "He was diagnosed with leukaemia when he was in high school and Yugyeom is one of his good friends. Yugyeom visits the restaurant regulary to fill Junhyuk's promise to her sister. To protect her until she grew older." Joy closes her eyes as she hears the story. She looked at Jungkook without saying a word wanting him to continue telling her everything about Minji.

     "She was diagnosed with leukaemia 2 years ago right after they held Junhyunk's memorial. Their family was as devastated as what Yugyeom told me. It was indeed painful for them to lose a child and they can't afford losing another one, it would crash their world into tiny pieces." Joy's tears started to fall down like a river. Jungkook lends his handkerchief to Joy because it's all he can do now for her.

     He feels her heartache. Her tears where like stars falling for a fallen angel. It's weird because he doesn't want to see her cry but he's the one making her cry.

    "She started receiving a severe treatment last month because her condition is getting worse. But she's brave enough not to cry every time she would undergo chemotherapy." Jungkook looked at Joy in her eyes, let's stop this here "She was so brave and the worst thing you could do for her is to pity her. So stop crying and just pray for her recovery. She doesn't want to see nor hear any person crying because of her."

     "She's not here so it's okay to cry." she said in between her cries.

     "I'll tell her you did." He cleverly said and Joy glared at him for a while but immediately wiped her tears.

     "Tell me more about her please." She pleaded him.

     I want to but, "It's too late you need to go home. I'll just tell you next time." He said.

     "Give me your number." Joy took her phone out and gave it to Jungkook. "I'll call you," she shakes her head and thought that she'll bother him that much if she calls from time to time, "I'll text you rather. You can answer me on your free time. Don't worry. I'll refuse myself to contact you tomorrow since I know you won't have time for me." She said, "So the next day after tomorrow?" she asked hopefully with her hands clasped together waiting for his answer. Her eyes are sparkling glitter like a puppy asking for food, you can't resist.

    "Okay." Jungkook's lips curled into a smile before he inputs his phone number. She smiled to him thankfully.

     Right after Joy received her phone back she checks for the time '3:24 am' she panicked a little bit and so she dialled his phone number to missed call as soon as she can. Jungkook's phone rang and after a short beep she said, "Save my number! I gotta go, my unnies are waiting for me!" she run and waves her hands bidding goodbye.

     Jungkook was left there watching her back as she run. He didn't have the chance to say bye to her since she was in a hurry. He stood up and texted her, "Take care Sooyoung-ah." and after he sent the text message he started to walk to their company. He recalls everything that happened in the past 24 hours while he was walking. Too many things happened in a day and he doesn't regret anything even he didn't have enough time to practice for his solo stage for MMA.

    He arrived at 4:15 am in their company's building and go straight to the dance studio to spend the remaining time to practice. The other members are gone and V was the only one left there alone packing his things up preparing to go home to their dorm.

     "What took you so long?" V asked as he saw Jungkook.

     "I ate, I told you I'm hungry." He said.

     "Until 4 am? Are you kidding me? You've been gone for almost 4 hours and you're telling me you just ate?" V asked Jungkook in incredulity. "Who are you with?" 

     Jungkook froze. He would just tell V it was Joy but something is stopping him.

     He goes to the audio system and put the song that he was practicing to avoid his question.

     "I'm asking you." V said plainly with a serious tone. Jungkook drinks water before finally answering, "I'm with a friend, noona."

     "Who's noona?" V asked because he's not getting a direct answer from him.

    "The only noona I would allow to call me oppa." He said before the song finally plays and so he started to get in the mood to dance.