Chapter 11

"You have a girlfriend?!" she asked without any hesitations.

     Jungkook was shook and concludes that she's misunderstanding the situation. "No, it's nothing. I mean it's not nothing but something like that—what?! No, no. I promise it's not like what you're thinking right now." He defended trying hard to explain.

     "Well, I just thought that you're all busy to date someone. But I see it's not impossible in your schedule. Is that how you know about this restaurant? How did you meet your girlfriend?"

     "You don't get it. I don't have a girlfriend." He protested and didn't answer Joy's question that only leads on Joy's confusion.

     "What? You agreed to ahjumma to meet your girlfriend here, didn't you?"

     "Yes— ugh." He said putting his palm onto his face. He can't find the right words to say to Joy. Whenever he tries to say a word, it only leads him to a more complicated situation that didn't even need to be like this.

     They heard a knock on the door. The grandma opened the door and a very pretty girl wearing a colorful bandana on her head entered the room. She was embracing a pororo stuff toy when she smiled brightly and called out for Jungkook, "Oppa" she ran to Jungkook's arms and he carried her onto his lap. "She's my girlfriend." Jungkook said smiling to Joy referring to the kid.

     Joy smiled adorably seeing Jungkook carrying a 5 year old kid in his arms. The grandma closes the door and left the three of them inside the room.

     Now she understands what he means when he said he has a girlfriend but he doesn't have a girlfriend. It's confusing just by words but seeing what he means, she can only smile looking at them.

     "Your girlfriend is so pretty. Can I ask the name of this young sweet lady?" She asked approaching the kid. The kid only stared at Joy and looked at Jungkook asking 'who's the girl' talking to her.

     "She's my friend." Jungkook smiled to the kid. "I'm Minji." She answered shyly to Joy. A very bright smile appeared on Joy's lips when the kid finally opened herself to her. "I'm Sooyoung." She said offering her hand to her. The kid accepted her hand and in Joy's delight she asked, "Can I carry you?" Minji raised both of hands as an approval. Jungkook put down Minji and Joy carried her in her arms. "You're so pretty. I want to take you home with me." She said turning around while carrying Minji. Joy decided to seat and Minji seats on her lap. "You got the same name as my sister." She said as she caresses Minji's cheeks. "I miss her."

     She was completely lost adoring Minji. Her heart was really captivated by her charms that she almost forgot she was with Jungkook.

     "Don't you feel hot? You're sweating." Joy said removing the tie of the bandana on Minji's head. In her surprise she saw a patch of lost hairs on her scalp. She opened her mouth but she didn't make a sound. Jungkook looked at Joy and put his index finger against his mouth to tell Joy to hush. Minji is currently busy playing with her stuff toy pororo. Joy nods to Jungkook and slowly puts the bandana on the side of the table. She can only close her eyes that time feeling her heart pierced by thorn. "Why does this need to happen to her?"

     Minji looked at Joy smiling showing her teeth while showing her toy pororo to her. She can see her genuine happiness while she's looking at her and she returned it with the best smile she can give and touched Minji's hair. Joy looked at her hand seeing a number of hairs. She breaths deeply, she clears her throat, sniffs and looked up the ceiling to refrain herself from crying. Minji should not see her like that.

     Jungkook witnessed everything and he can clearly see in Joy's eyes what she feels. She don't need to say a word to let him know, just looking into her eyes is enough.

     "Minji, come here. Let's let Sooyoung noona eat first, okay?" Minji shakes her head not wanting to leave Joy's lap. "Minji—" Jungkook approached Minji but Joy insisted, "No, it's okay. Just sit beside me." Joy assuring Jungkook that it's all fine. She carries Minji and makes her sit on the chair beside her. Joy smiled to her before starting to eat. She asked Minji to eat some but she said she was already full so she kept herself busy playing alone around the room running, laughing, being active just like every 5 year old kid would do. Jungkook and Joy both continue eating without speaking.

     Whenever Jungkook's eyes would meet Joy's, she would only smile to him.

     The two of them finished eating. Minji was already tired playing so she came to Jungkook and told him, "Oppa. I'm sleepy." Jungkook willingly stood up and carried her in his arms. Minji puts her arms around his neck and places her head on Jungkook's shoulder as he swayed his body and hummed a song to put her to sleep. Joy can't take her eyes off of Minji that's why she didn't notice when Jungkook called out her name. Jungkook grabbed the bandana on the table that made her stopped on being so spaced out. She took the bandana on Jungkook's hand and put it on Minji's head carefully so she won't wake up.

     They both started to make a move to go outside of the room. Joy initiated to carry Jungkook's coat since he can't wear it right now, she was also holding Minji's pororo stuff toy in her hands. They walk quietly until they reach the counter where Minji's grandma is waiting. She smiled to them as she saw them and came to Jungkook to get Minji on his arms. The grandma whispered "Thank you" to them and they both just returned it with a smile. Joy gave Jungkook his black peacoat. They are about to leave when suddenly the grandma grabbed Joy's arms with her free hand and lend her a green card. Joy bowed to her thanking her before completely leaving the restaurant.

     Jungkook looked at Joy while they are walking. She was currently showing a blank expression while looking ahead of the street so he initiated to talk to her by asking "Isn't my girlfriend the prettiest?"