A Better Love (Jacquees Love Story)

Two Years Earlier

January Salters (POV)

"Taurus, where the hell you at?" I yelled through the house. I knew he was home because his car was parked out front. I searched down stairs in the office and in the study but still no Taurus. I then went upstairs and once I got there I heard noises coming from the bedroom that Taurus and I share. It sounded like someone was having sex. My heart started beating fast and I knew something wasn't right. I reached for the knob and when I did I slowly turned it. When I opened the door what I saw almost made me pass out. There was my boyfriend of three years fucking my best friend Shanetta's brains out. I saw red and it felt like I was having an outer body experience. They were so into what they were doing they didn't even notice me. I so badly want to beat his and her ass to the core. Instead I took my phone from my back pocket and turned the flash off on my camera. I took a couple of pictures and backed out of the room closing the door behind me. I was hurt and confused because he told me that he would never do anything to hurt me because I had already been through so much prior to getting with him. I walked back down stairs grabbed my keys and purse. I jumped in my black on black Challenger and drove to my brother's house. Tears were streaming down my face so much that I had to pull over. I sat there on the side of the road thinking I needed to get my shit and get the hell out of Charlotte. I knew just the place I was going to go and I decided on Atlanta, Ga. I decided against going  to Johntae's house because I know how my brother is. When Taurus leaves in the morning for work I will pack up my shit and contact my cousin Alicia who lives in Atlanta. I am too smart and making a name for myself in the makeup industry to be dealing with lame no good as niggas. Its funny though because by him being older I thought that he would treat me so much better but I guess age ain't nothing but a number. I drove around the city not realizing it was getting late. The clock on my dashboard read 8:15 pm. The sad part is Taurus dumb ass hasn't even bothered to call and see if I am alright. I ended up at my brother's house anyway because I damn sure was not about to go back to that house until in the morning. I pulled up at my brother's house and got out the car. I rung the door bell and he came to the door towering over me and knew instantly something was wrong. "Who ass I need to kick?" he said. I chuckled and pushed him out the way to walk in the house. I told him that I need a place to crash for tonight and I would be on my way in the morning. I also informed him that I was leaving for Atlanta and wouldn't be coming back other than to visit. He looked at me like I was crazy but I explained to him that I needed to do this. "Johntae there is something that is going on but right now is not the time to get into it but I promise I will tell you when the time is right. Know that I love you and I will be back big bro to see you I promise."

The Next Day Taurus (POV)

It was 7:30 am and I had just got out the shower and I am not gone lie I was wondering where January was last night. That is not like my baby. Yet I didn't call because a brotha was tied up getting good dome and beating Shanetta's pussy up. I know I am wrong but she kept tempting me whenever she would be at the house visting my girl. My girl January is bad as hell although she is a lot younger than me. I'm 30 years old and she is 21 years old. She is about 5ft 2inches tall brown-skinned with long hair past her shoulders with blonde highlights. Her eyes are sort of slanted and are hazel. She is thick in all the right places. I mean her body is made for fucking. She really is beautiful and talented as hell but the dog in me just had me in heat. Her friend is average in looks but she is a super freak in the bedroom. If Jan ever finds out I am dead for sho. Taurus finished getting ready for work and headed to his accountant firm where he was the H.N.I.C.

Two Hours Later

January knew that Taurus was gone by now and she made her way to his house. I no longer call it our house because his bitch ass broke that when he brought someone into our bedroom. Once I got there I went in smelling the scent of his expensive cologne lingering. I made it to his bedroom and looked at the bed in disgust. I started getting all my important shit that mattered. All the jewelry and perfume that he bought I left behind. Hell he can give it to Shanetta for all I care. I got my portable makeup kit that I took with me when I had to make house calls for those that needed their makeup done. I gathered and loaded my shit in the car. I went back and left the key on the counter with some printed out pictures of him and Shanetta getting down. I had already talked to Alicia and I was on my way to a new life with bigger and better things in it. Oh and right when I got on the highway I sent the pictures from my phone to Shanetta just so her morning would start with her in shock and most definitely fear. Atlanta here I come!

Present Day Atlanta (Alicia POV)

I am so glad that my cousin decided to move here two years ago. I told her she should have been left that jackass Taurus and focus on her makeup artistry. She is one of the baddest makeup artist here in the ATL. In the midst of me thinking January walked in smiling ear to ear. "What the hell are you smiling like a cheshire cat for?" she asked me. " I can't smile now Alicia. I mean I am twenty-three years old living my dream and enjoying life at its finest. What more could I want or need?" My cousin just looked at me all retarded. "January you need to get back in the groove of dating. When was the last time you been on one and what about the last time you had some dick?" January sighed and rolled her eyes at her. "Look Alicia I am not interested in neither. My focus is what I am doing now nothing or nobody else."

"January we are going out tonight. Let me call one of my homeboys and find out what is gone be popping tonight and that is where we rolling to." January looked at her cousin and decided maybe it would be cool to hang out tonight.

"Alicia I think I can feel ya on getting out tonight just let me know what time and I will be back to pick you up."

"Hold up January there is this party going on at club ESOS and Jacquees is going to be there with his boys hosting."

"Umm Alicia who the fuck is Jacquees. You act like I should know who he is or something. Tell me who is?" I said raising my brow.

"Just wait til tonight and you will find out all about who he is."