At The Mall

I was laying in my bed sleeping so peacefully when my phone started ringing. I tried to ignore it but it was no use because it kept ringing. Finally I reached over and answered it groggily.

"What the hell do you want Alicia. It is too damn early for you to be calling?" I could hear her laugh into the phone because she knew that I was mad because she left me at the club.

"January don't tell me that you are still mad at me about last night. You know how it is when you get that feeling well at least I hope you do because it has been two years."

"Go to hell Alicia!" I yelled into the phone. "What do you want any way besides to be nosey?"

I looked at the clock on my night stand and noticed that it was 10:30 am. "Why the hell you didn't tell me that you were seeing somebody in the first place Alicia?"

It was silent for so long I didn't think she would say anything. "Jan it is really complicated." The only time she called me Jan was when something was really bothering her.

"I am going to let it slide for now but I want to hear everything about why it is so complicated."

"So tell me January what do you think about Jacquees so far. I mean I know ya'll just met but still I want to know."

"He is okay I guess. I will say that he is mad talented and I can see him going really far."

"Okay is all you have to say about him. Do you know how many girls try like hell to get his attention?"

"Look Alicia he his fine and sexy as all get out but we agreed on nothing serious. Just the basic hanging out and things of that nature." Alicia laughed and I was thinking what the hell is so funny.

"Girl ain't no way in hell you are going to be able to keep it strictly platonic as you say. Did you not see how he was looking at you like you were the juiciest and ripest strawberry in the bunch?"

"Whatever I am not trying to get caught up in that boy. So tell me what is on the agenda for today?"

"Hmm well I was thinking about doing Lenox later are you down? I will come scoop you up since you live closer to Lenox."

"Okay cool. Alicia do you know anything about Shanetta and Jacquees?" Alicia sighed long and hard because she really didn't want to get into that but she knew that she would eventually.

"Jan we will talk about that later. I promise but I will say she is always trying to be all up in some dudes face like she right. I know that she has really been pushing up on Que for a while now."

"I noticed that because after you left she was all on him." In the midst of our conversation my line beeped and it was none other than Jacquees. I told Alicia that I would see her later because Jacquees was calling on the other line.

This nut was more excited than I was. I finally clicked over nervous as hell which really didn't make any sense.

"Hello" I said into the phone.

"Good morning Beautiful. How are you doing?"

"I'm good Jacquees and would you stop calling me beautiful." He laughed into the phone.

"Why you don't realize how beautiful you are do you?

"I guess I should take that as a compliment then huh."

"You can take it however you choose to but the fact still remains you are beautiful."

"Thanks. So what is on your agenda for today?"

"Well since it is Saturday and I don't have to go to the studio I may just chill out with the homies. Nothing major. What about you?"

"Alicia and I are going to Lenox later and as far as I know that is about it."