Differences

One Month Later

Everything has been moving so fast all around me. I have been so busy for the last month trying to finalize appointments and my makeup line. Then there is the fact that I still haven't made the time to talk to my brother or my sisters. This is all still so unreal to me. My mom has been trying to reach out to me but I can't deal with her right now. Jacquees and I have been doing really good although we both are busy. We manage to make time for one another. We have gotten really close and we both know the reason for that. We just haven't bothered to talk about it. I can honestly say that we didn't just have sex or we didn't fuck. We made love. I have been asking my self since that night how the hell do you make love to someone that you are not in love with? I think I know the answer to that question but I refuse to believe the answer that I keep telling my self. It is funny how a few months ago I was listening to Alicia talk about how she fell in love with Issa; and now I feel like that is where I am. I still haven't told anyone that I will be leaving in a few months to start my cosmetic line in LA. This is really why I should have kept my heart and my feelings on lock because no matter how much I love Jacquees it will never be.

I was headed downstairs from my office to do a clients makeup when my phone rung. I looked at the screen and it was Jacquees. A smile instantly came on my face.

"Sup sexy?" I said answering the phone. I could hear him chuckle on the line.

"Sup luscious?" he said.

"Oh so I am luscious now huh?"

"Baby you are that and so much more. What's up witcha?"

"Well I was headed downstairs to the boutique to do a clients makeup. What's up with you?"

"I just finished a photo shoot and I was trying to see if could I get a glimpse of your brown skin."

I had to laugh at that cause this boy was so damn silly at times but that is why I love him so.

"So you want to see my brown skin? Well I think we can arrange that. I will hit you up when I leave work."

"Alright luscious."

I ended the call and went downstairs to do my clients makeup. I actually had a little extra pep in my step. Jacquees made me feel some type of way. I completed my clients makeup and just as I was about to walk back to my office I saw my brother headed my way. I sighed with irritation because I really didn't want to deal with him right now.

"January it has been a whole month and you won't return my calls or text. This has gone on long enough."

"Long enough for who. Definitely not for me. In fact it still ain't been long enough."

"Jan come on I am still your brother for God sakes."

"Johntae  do you realize how keeping secrets can destroy a person.

"Hell it almost destroyed me. After all the shit I have been through this how you do me."

"Jan I am truly sorry." He said rubbing his hands down his face in frustration.

"Johntae tell me why did you keep it from me and how long did you know?"

He sighed thinking how was he going to explain this to her without her getting angrier.

"Maybe you should sit down for this January."

I sat down never taking my eyes off my brother because I knew this was going to get deep.

"When you first left Charlotte I had talked to our mother and she told me about both Rayliyah and Raynesha. So I knew a little bit before you left. I didn't tell you because you were already dealing with all that stuff with Taurus and Shanetta.