Meeting Him

Clara P.O.V

I was outside playing with all my Pokémon. Brock was feeding them at the moment, so I decided to lend a hand. We were all laughing until my mom yelled, "Clara, someone's at the door! He says he's come here for a project!"

Duh. How could I forget? Ash was coming after lunch, and we were gonna get to know each other better. "Coming mom!" I yelled back.

Ninetales and I both stood up and ran towards the door. Ash and Pikachu were standing at the entrance, waiting for someone to let them in. I reached the door and signaled them to come in. They curtsied and entered, and once their eyes saw the room, they open their mouths as if they were impressed. And they were.

"Your house is beautiful," he said.

"He he, thanks," I giggled and scratched my head. "So, um, do you want to sit down?" I pointed at the couch.

"Right, yeah of course," he nervously said.

We awkwardly made our way to the couch and sat down at the same time. There was an uncomfortable tension between us, so I decided to break it. "We won't get far if we are both silent, so I'll ask first. What's your full name?"

He looked at me as if I were some kind of unknown specimen. "You seriously don't know?"

"Yes, I do, but it's better if you introduce yourself rather than I tell you who you are," I snapped back.

"You got a point. My full name's Ash Ketchum, and on my shoulder is my buddy, Pikachu. I come from Pallet Town and live in the house right in front of yours." I was surprised when he said he lived right in front of my house. Awesome, sarcasm intended.

"Well, Ash Ketchum, I have an idea. What if we divide our stories into three parts? For example, we first tell each other all personal things, like favorite color and stuff like that. Then we can explain everything related to our love life, and then all things related to Pokémon. 'Cause believe me, the Pokémon part is going to be a long one," I said.

Ash nodded his head in agreement and said, "So, I continue telling you about my personal life and when I'm done, you explain yours? And so on?"

"You are correct, Ketchum," I said.

"So let me continue. All food is my favorite food, my favorite colors are red and blue, I have traveled every region, my best friends are Gary Oak, Drew Hayden and Barry Montgomery, my favorite school subject is Pokémon Battles, I'm Champion of Kanto, and I'm also a very famous singer," he paused to catch a breath and then proceeded. "What about you?"

I am so not gonna tell him I'm freaking Champion of the World. That means I can't tell him my full name either... Shit.

"My name's Clara and this is my partner Ninetales. I come from Kalos, but I started my journey in Kanto. My favorite food is spaguetti and my favorite color is creme white. I also have traveled every region and my best friends are Iris Yuki, May Maple and Dawn Berlitz. To finish it off, my favorite school subject is also Pokémon Battles. No surprise there." He was oblivious that I didn't tell him my full name. That's a relief. We continued talking for a while until I asked something. "You wanna go to my room?"

He started blushing like crazy and nodded his head. Pikachu and I chuckled and I led him to my room. He was quiet all the way there. Wonder why. Anyways, we arrived and Ninetales and I threw our bodies on the bed and refused to get up. Ash chuckled and took a seat on a sofa. "We've already covered our personal information, so let's continue with our love life," I said.