Work

Clara P.O.V

My friends and I are currently making our way to Pokémon Battles with Professor Kukui. Ever since yesterday's battle with Ash, everyone has been asking me for a battle. And as Champion, it is my duty to accept any challenge a battler gives me. We took our seats, and before the class started, I quickly glanced towards Ash's direction. Of course, instead of meeting Ash's eyes, I caught Serena's angry ones. That girl never gives me a break. The only reason I glanced at Ash was because I wanted a rematch. What an overdramatic girl.

"Hello class," the Professor started. "I know everyone wants to battle, but today we're just going to spend the day with your Pokémon. So please, send out all your Pokémon and have a fun time."

With that, everyone took out their PokéBalls and sent out their Pokémon. I could see an Altaria, a Meganium, a Wurmple, a Chingling and many more. I looked at my friends and saw Dawn sent out her Togekiss, Buneary, Mamoswine, Quilava, Pachirisu and Piplup. May sent out Blaziken, Beautifly, Venusaur, Wartortle, Skitty and Glaceon. Iris sent out Gible, Excadrill, Dragonite, Emolga and her Axew. They were talking and laughing, and I took that opportunity to glance at Ash's friends.

Serena sent out her Sylveon, Pancham and Braixen. Gary had his Umbreon, Blastoise, Electivire, Nidoking, Arcanine and Fearow. Drew sent out Roserade, Absol, Masquerain, Butterfree and Absol. Barry sent out Empoleon, Heracross, Staraptor, Roserade, Skarmory and Hitmonlee. Miette sent out her Slurpuff and Meowstic. Ursula sent out her Gabite, Plusle, Minun, Jigglypuff, Flareon and Vaporeon. Misty sent out her Starmie, Psyduck, Politoed, Corsola, Azurill and Gyarados. Everyone stared in fear and awe at first, but then it died down. Finally, Ash sent out his own Pokémon. He sent out Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, Infernape, Gible and Pikachu.

Everyone had already sent out their Pokémon. I can feel their eyes piercing through my back, waiting for my move. I finally gave up. I sent out Aerodactyl, Gardevoir, Hydreigon, Milotic, Tyrantrum, Zoroark, who came out as Serperior, and Ninetales. Everyone stared with their mouths open, but I didn't care. As soon as I let them out of their PokéBall, they immediately hugged me, causing me to fall down. I laughed so hard tears were coming out of my eyes. After the torture was over, I looked at each of my Pokémon with love. When my eyes reached Zoroark, or Serperior, I rolled my eyes.

"Zoroark, come on. You can't fool me." Serperior sighed and transformed to Zoroark, causing people to gasp in admiration. Dawn, Iris and May were the first ones to make a move. All of us, and I mean all of us introduced ourselves and after the brief introduction, all of our Pokémon went to play. Dawn, Iris, May and I were talking about our Pokémon when I suddenly felt a hand touch my shoulder. Before I could turn my head, I saw my friends turn a deep crimson, so that made me guess who it was. And my guess was correct.

"Clara?" Ash asked.

"Yes, Ash?" I said without looking at him.

"Well, I was thinking, if I could talk to you right now." He was nervous, why?

"What will Serena say?" I asked, my eyes glued to my Pokémon. "She is very capable of ripping my head off if she sees me with you, believe me."

"You really think I don't know that?" Ash laughed. I didn't answer. Instead, I looked at my friends, who were talking with their respective crushes.

"Fine," I shifted from my seat to give Ash some space to sit down. "My friends are busy anyways," I pointed towards them.

"You're not the only one," he said. We laughed before an awkward silence overtook us. "So, how's Champion business going?" I asked to start a conversation.

"It could be better. Not many challengers are able to defeat the Elite Four, and if they do, I beat them."

"Oh, how fun," I returned my gaze to Ninetales, who was playing with Piplup. After a few more seconds of silence, I decided to tell Ash what happened in recess.