The Next Day

Clara P.O.V

I woke up with the feeling of a burning face. Turns out, Ninetales nicely used a small Flamethrower to wake me up. Over the years, I've learned it's best not to get mad at Ninetales, let's say, to avoid any serious injuries. I lifted my torso from the comfy bed and yawned. I made my way to my closet to decide what to wear, and I eventually made up my mind.

 I made my way to my closet to decide what to wear, and I eventually made up my mind

I put all my hair in a messy bun and let my bangs cover my face. I walked out of the closet and made my way down the oak-colored stairs. I saw a note on the surface of the marble counterpart and read it. This was my mother's handwritting, that's for sure. It's all sloppy and dirty, it's hard to read. Anyway, it said:

Dear Clara,

I woke up extra early with hopes to find a new job. There is a box of cereal in the cabinet and the bowls are in the bottom right cabinet. Really sorry I couldn't make you breakfast. I'll make sure I cook some spaguetti today!

From Cristina

My mother's making spaguetti! I love that stuff. Back to the morning, I took out the cereal and the bowl and started eating. When I was done, I made my way outside to see if Brock was awake. I walked around, enjoying the view until a voice interrupted.

"Clara! You're awake!" Brock said.

"Well, yeah. I have school today remember?" I said.

"Oh, right. Anyways, I'm making some Pokémon food right now, so no need to worry about breakfast," he read my mind.

I let out a sigh of relief and waved goodbye. As I made my way inside, I glanced at the clock and realized I was late. Well, shit. I packed my stuff and ran outside to see the bus was already 3 blocks away.

"Looks like we're not taking the bus today, Ninetales," I pointed out.

~What do we do now?~ she asked.

I smirked and took out a PokéBall. "Come on out, Aerodactyl!"

Aerodactyl gave a loud and fierce roar. ~You called?~ he asked.

"Yes. Can you please take Ninetales and I to school? We missed the bus, so-um yeah," I scratched my head. He nodded and Ninetales and I got on its back. It took off with a might roar and flapped its wings. Aerodactyl decided to play some tricks on us, so it started doing some zig-zag flying. I was already used to it, but Ninetales was clawing my back doing its best to hold on. I laughed and continued riding the wind.

We made it before the bus did. I hope Iris doesn't kill me. Whoops.

When everyone got out the bus, I was looking for a purple-haired girl, but I was surprised to see she was not there. I continued looking until a Dragonite landed behind me. Ninetales, Aerodactyl and I turned our heads to see none other than Iris making her way towards us, Dragonite on her heels.