Bonds Like No Other

Clara P.O.V

They were closing up on me, fast. Glaceon growled and slowly walked near me, but I could tell she was getting scared.

~There is nothing to be afraid of~ I calmed through my aura. ~We've been in situations far tougher than this one. And, you're strong. Crazy strong, so let's show them who we are. Nobody messes with the Champions~ I continued.

Glaceon looked at me and smiled, grateful for the cheery pep-talk I gave her. "Hey, I don't want any trouble. It's not my fault Ash broke up with you in the most horrible way possible," I stated.

"Yes it is!" she roared, "It's your fault. You are horrible, inside and out. Look at me! I'm the Kalos Queen, and you... You are just a meddling kid with no future. You are a nobody!"

I laughed. "Do you even know who you're talking to? Do you even know who I am? My position in the world?"

Now it was her turn to laugh. "You are a nobody, Clara. Just as I said before. Now, I will defeat you in a Pokémon battle."

I burst out laughing, again. "What makes you think you'll defeat me? I've beaten Ash twice, and he's the Kanto Champion!"

"She's got a point," Misty, I think, muttered. Serena just glared at her, as if she could drain all the life from her soul.

"It's 5 versus 1. We clearly have the advantage," Serena said as she took out 3 PokéBalls.

"Woah, hold your Rapidashes," I said. "Can we have this battle somewhere else? I mean, we are in the auditorium, and I really don't want to get killed by Professor Sycamore."

Serena stayed quiet until she gave up, "Yeah, I guess."

"What if we have it in Pokémon Battles? I'll talk with Professor Kukui about it," I offered.

Serena shrugged and said, "Sounds good to me."

"Okay then, bye!" I yelled before I ran out of the room with Glaceon by my side. What was that about? Isn't it obvious? I'll definitely defeat her. Besides, I have the power to strip her title as Kalos Queen, and she's this close to losing it.

I barged into the battefields, and my classmates just stared at me. Dawn, May and Iris were confused while Ash's face was full of concern.

"Professor Kukui?" I called out.

"Yes, Clara?" he asked.

"Can I have a word with you? Alone?" I said, emphazising alone. Professor Kukui walked over to me and crossed his arms, waiting for my explanation.

"Professor, I really don't know if I should tell you this, but after the auditions, Serena's group challenged me to a battle. All of them," I explained.

"You mean Miette, Misty, Ursula and Serena?" he asked.

"Yes, them. They challenged me to a battle in the auditorium, but then I asked if we could have it here, so can we have it?" I asked hopeful.

"Hm," he said as he placed his fingers under his chin, "yeah, why not. I really didn't have anything planned for today, anyway."