Sparks Fly

Clara P.O.V

Ash was standing there, his hair ruffled and some leaves hanging from his head. Pikachu was on his shoulder, and he was trying his hardest not to fall down.

"You can form Aura Spheres?" he asked, pointing at mine.

"Uh, yeah," I said and abolished it. We both stayed silent, awkwardly looking at each other from time to time.

"Clara, I'm sorry," Ash blurted out. "I'm sorry. I don't care if I have to tell you a million times, I will say it again. I'm sorry."

I stayed silent, so he continued. "I know I hurt you, and believe me, knowing that I did has been painfully killing me. There is no excuse for my actions, I know that."

He looked at the stars and pointed at them. "There are thousands of stars in the sky, but you are the only star in front of my eye."

My barriers collapsed. I started crying, but I refused to go to Ash for comfort. Ninetales caressed my arm, and that made me relax a little bit.

"I-I'm sorry," I sniffled. "The thing is, I didn't want to have my heart broken again. I've already had it shattered 3 times, and this was the 4th."

He lowered his head. "I deeply regret what I did, Clara. Please."

I shook my head. "You know, I was looking for you to apologize and confess."

"What?" he asked.

I exhaled a shaky breath. "I like you, Ash Ketchum. But now, my feelings are a mess. I don't know if I should be angry or sad, but I know this. I like you."

He smiled and stepped forward, but I stepped backward. "I'm sorry, but I'm not ready," I said.

"Clara, please. I-" he began to say, but I interrupted him by saying, "My mom's waiting for me. I need to go."

Before he could say anything, I ran away with Ninetales, not willing to look back. It started raining when I reached my house, and I barged in. Ninetales and I were a soaking mess, so my mother gasped when she saw us.

"Clara! C'mon, let's get you warmed up," she ordered as she guided me through our house. She threw a towel over my shoulders and one over Ninetales' body, and she prepared us a nice, warm bath.

After we bathed, my mom prepared dinner. I was quiet, something I never did, so my mom asked, "Honey, what happened? Did the meeting go wrong?"

I shook my head. "The meeting went pretty well. It's what happened afterwards what's bothering me."

"You can tell me," she comforted. She placed her arms on my shoulder and squeezed. I exhaled and started explaining my encounter with Ash. I was sobbing when I finished, and her face formed into a scowl.

"That ungrateful ki-" she started, but I cut her off by swatting my arm.

"No, Mom. He's very nice and kind, it's just what Serena did that's been making me push him away," I admitted.

She furrowed her brow. "If you say so."

She hugged me and I fell in the embrace. Sometimes my mom gave the best advice, while other times she comforted me the best.

I yawned, causing me to break the hug. My mom noticed my tiredness, so she took me to my room.

"Good night," she said as she turned off the lights.