Apologies

Clara P.O.V

I woke up at 12:00 AM. Hey, it's Christmas Holiday, so I have to take advantage of waking up late. Even though I have to travel to Unova for a meeting, it's still nice to arise later than normal.

Ninetales was already awake when I stood up. She was settled near my balcony, enjoying the view. It's a nice day outside, perfect for a stroll through the sky. I'll probably ask Reshiram to come pick me up, for she enjoys speeding by the air.

Sighing, I made my way over to my closet to pick out what I'm wearing today. Since I'm doing Champion duties, it makes more sense if I wear my Champion outfit, but I'm way too lazy to put it on, so a normal outfit it is:

 Since I'm doing Champion duties, it makes more sense if I wear my Champion outfit, but I'm way too lazy to put it on, so a normal outfit it is:

I left my hair straight and headed downstairs. My mom, surprisingly, was making breakfast at this time, so I kissed her on the cheek and sat down on a stool. "Hey, Mom. What's for breakfast?"

"Pancakes," she replied hurried. "Oh, they're ready!"

I bolted from my seat to grab a plate. Then I approached the stove and took 3 pancakes from the plate. As I smelled the delicious scent, I walked back to the stool and sat down, eating in the process. I finished when my Mom was about to dive in.

"Finished already?" my mom asked, quite disappointed.

I nodded. "Yeah, I have to head to Unova to plan all the League stuff, but expect me to come home at night!"

My mom lowered her head in dejection. "Oh," she said, "have fun."

I smiled in sympathy and sauntered to her side. "Mom, I love you. Never forget that. Heck, you stayed by my side throughout my troublesome journey!"

That made her smile. "I love you too, dear. Now go to Unova and plan those Leagues!"

"Bye, Mom. Love you," I fled.

"Love you too!" I heard her reply as I reached my garden. Hm, who to choose? As I was strolling through the stone pavement, I spotted Brock heading towards the clear river.

"Hey, Brock!" I called out and ran to him, Ninetales besides me.

"Hey, Clara! Long time no see!" he greeted. It was true, I never did bump into him when I was in my garden. Weird.

"How's everything going?" I inquired.

"To be honest, I love this job. Your Pokémon are all sweethearts, and they're all cool to be around with," he replied while scratching his neck.

"Awesome!" I smiled, but then turned it into a frown. "Hey, Brock? I'm leaving for Unova today, and I don't know who to take. Do you mind helping me?"

He smiled. "Of course! Hm, I think it's better if you take some Pokémon that are native to that area. For example, Samurott, Zoroark, Serperior, etc."