Inclement Weather

Sam's POV

"Miller's back!" Someone shouted as Miller walked through the door with Maya.

"Miller." I sighed pulling him into a hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

"Yeah me too. What it took like...three surgeries. I hear you and Clark are fitting right in."

"I wouldn't say that...more like President Wallace is trying to keep us out of his hair."

"Yeah, well you and Clark have that affect on people."

I punched him in the shoulder. "Dick."

"Bitch."

Miller and I only started getting along. We never really noticed each other on the Ark but now that we are on the ground, we've gotten closer.

As Jasper went to talk to Maya I looked over at Clark's map. She drew in some rooms that she thought might be there and so far it seems pretty accurate.

Maya got nervous when the alarms started going off again. If I wasn't sitting next to Clark I would've thought she was trying to escape without me.

"Hey." I stopped Maya before she could leave. "What's going on?"

"That signal means that a surface patrol is back, and someone needs medical attention. I have to go to quarantine."

"We're going right?" I asked Clark as she jumped down from her bed.

"Yep."

"Guys." Jasper tried to stop us. "I'm pretty sure we shouldn't go wandering..." his voice trailed off as we left.

"What are they doing here?" One of the guys doing quarantine asked Maya. Clark ignored his question and grabbed a key card from one of the guys. "Stop it's not safe!"

"It is for us. Let's go Jasper."

Jasper followed closely behind as we went into the white rooms they kept us in before. We found the room where the body of one of the guys was. "Guys, these people are..."

"Lying to us." I cut Jasper off. "That's a bullet wound. Grounders don't use guns."

"Unless the grounders got the guns from us."

"I don't think so. They grounders are fierce, they wouldn't need to use guns. I think our people are alive out there."

"Get them out of here!"

We turned to the doctor behind us. She and some other people were carrying in a burn victim. He's skin was all red and he could barely walk. How the hell are they going to treat him?

-------------------------------------------------------

"We need to talk." Clark didn't bother asking Dante.

"Sure. Let's talk over breakfast."

"Who shot that soldier?" I asked hoping he would want to talk about it in private.

He grabbed our arms and walked us away from the people that surrounded him. "The patrol that was looking for your people was attacked by what you call grounders."

"We've fought grounders. They don't use guns."

"I never mentioned guns. Sergeant Shaw was shot by an arrow."