Survival of the Fittest

Italics=Trigedasleng
Sam's POV

"You're leaving already?" I asked Bellamy as he was getting dressed in grounders clothes.

"Yeah. I have to get in there as soon as possible."

"Before you leave, are you gonna tell me why your pissed at me?"

"What?"

"One minute your in bed with me and the next you act like you don't even know who I am."

"When Lexa handed you that knife, did you even think about stabbing Raven?"

"No of corse not."

"Then why did you grab the knife? Why did you become Lexa's second? Why did you betray your own people?"

"I didn't betray anyone! If I'm Lexa's second that means that I become commander next. And if I become commander next then that means I can keep the truce with Sky People. Do you really think that the next commander will keep the truce unless it's me? Have you met the grounders, they hate us!" I sighed and placed a hand on my head and the other on my hip.

Bellamy dropped the clothing he was about to put on and walked over to me. He placed his hands on my arms and spun me around to face him. "I'm sorry. Okay? I didn't realize..." He trailed off. "I'm just...I'm sorry." His hand brushed back a few pieces of hair from my face to behind my ear.

"Is this because I said I love you?"

"No. It's just...I've never said that to anyone before besides my mom and Octavia. But I promise, as soon as I get back...I'll say it."

"And if you don't get back?"

"I will. Think of it as a little challenge. If I win...I get to tell you how much I love you."

I nodded my head and placed my hands on his chest as he kissed me gently. I pulled away and placed my forehead on his. "Okay. Then you have to know something if your gonna do this." I walked over to the bed and grabbed the grounder jacket and helped him put it on. "If they harvest you, your gonna get washed with something that hurts like hell. They did the same thing to me. Then they'll lock you in a cage until they need you. They stab you with something that makes you go out like light, hang you upside down for blood, and you don't wake up until you get stabbed with something else."

"Okay? Anything else?"

"Yes. There's guards everywhere so be careful."

"I will." Bellamy gave me one last kiss before reluctantly pulling away and walking to Lincoln.

-------------------------------------------------------

After Bellamy and Lincoln left, Octavia and I went into a room where my dad was going to talk to the grounders. Clark went to talk to Lexa. Lexa wanted me to stay with the grounders so nothing got too out of hand.

"Quiet down." My dad spoke calmly even though I knew he was nervous. "Indra, please."

The guard standing by Octavia and I leaned to our ears and whispered, "Don't worry. My shock baton's got your back."