two

ALASKA

"Alaska! Your friend is here!" my mom yells up to me. I jog down downstairs and swing the front door open, revealing an excited looking Carly.

"Hey," I say, stepping to the side so she could come inside. 

"Okay, your house is AMAZING," she says, turning to look around at the massive foyer. I roll my eyes.

"That's all my new stepdad's doing," I say, leading her upstairs to my room.

"I take it you don't really care for him?" she asks, surprising me. I shrug my shoulders.

"He's alright, I guess. I just think that he's too concerned with material things. Plus, he's not the most humble about his wealth which pisses me off, but what can I do, you know," I tell her openly.

"I'm glad that kind of stuff bugs you because I really hate spoiled, pompous kids," Carly laughs. I join in too, allowing myself to loosen up.

"Okay, so I thought we could just start getting ready now, so we have plenty of time. Is that okay with you?"

"Sounds great! I brought some options because you never know what life is gonna throw at you. I mean it could start raining fire so I brought shorts just in case," she explains, dumping the contents of the bag she brought onto my bed. 

"I highly doubt it's going to start raining fire, but I'm glad you're prepared," I say, laughing as I rummage through my closet for an outfit. I decide on ripped black skinny jeans and my Malkin jersey. I exit my closet with the outfit in tow.

I slip out of the clothes I wore all day and pull on the fresh outfit. I examine my appearance in the tall mirror resting on the wall behind me.

"Hey, does this look okay to you?" I ask Carly. She nods her head repeatedly, causing another laugh to erupt from me.

"Yes! You look hot! Now, come here. I need help deciding," she says, tugging me over to the bed. There, she has multiple outfits laid out, all including some sort of Maple Leaf attire. 

"I know, there's a lot of options, but which one do you think I should go with?" I scan over the options carefully before making my decision.

"Definitely the white jeans and Marner jersey, plus the hat from option two," I say with a smile. 

"That's what I was thinking! Thanks!" My smile continues to grow on my face as I walk over to my vanity to do my makeup. I start by doing my usual routine: foundation, concealer, powder, and a little bronzer. Then, I do my eyebrows and put on some fake lashes to make my eyes look bigger. 

Carly joins me halfway into my routine and begins doing her makeup as well. She doesn't put as much on, but that's probably because she's already stunning without any. We listen to some music while we work, giggling at the random jokes we make. Despite not doing as much makeup-wise, Carly spends about thirty minutes curling her hair, whereas all I do is run through my dirty blonde waves with a brush.

After an extensive pampering and a traffic-filled car ride, Carly and I arrive in front of Air Canada Center, tickets in hand. We hurry through security and ticket scanning then stop to figure out where the hell we are sitting.

"Where's section 103?" Carly asks me, examining her ticket. I look up to the signs hanging around the arena, locating section 103 shortly.

"I think it's this way," I say, pointing towards the sign that read sections 101-103 with an arrow. Carly nods and follows me towards the entrance to section 103. The last step in finding our seats was finding our row. We walk farther down the stairs of the section, finally stopping two rows behind the home team's bench.