twenty five

ALASKA

It's been two weeks since my date with Auston. Over the course of those weeks, I received a few texts here and there, but I haven't actually seen him since our game of trivia and dip in the pool. That means it's also been two weeks since I came to the conclusion that I was falling for Auston.

Although I don't have tons of experience in the dating world, I have watched a good number of chick flicks and rom-coms. From these great pieces of film, I know that if a guy was really interested in you, he would definitely ask you out again or at least propose a similar idea a lot less than two weeks after your initial date. 

This theory and quotes from icons such as Regina George and Cher Horowitz have been echoing in my head every minute of every waking hour. At first, I thought he was just busy. I mean, he is a professional hockey player after all. But I know for a fact that he has had more than enough time to type a few words on his iPhone and press send. 

However, Carly has had no problem with texting me non-stop. We've hung out a few times but only for lunch or a movie here and there. She has tried to drag me out to some of the Leafs' games, but I have been so busy with finalizing my early graduation that I haven't been able to go. Good news is though, I have been approved to graduate, and I'll be getting my diploma in the mail any day now!

The only thing that seems to be missing right now is a certain brunette center for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Friday mornings are the absolute best, now that I don't have to go to school for 7 hours a day. I feel like now I can actually get things done and start moving forward with my life. Today's agenda includes finding an internship or job, house hunting, and grocery shopping. Exciting stuff, man.

Technically, I'm not house hunting. I'm apartment/condo hunting. My mom, Tom, and I came to the agreement that they would help pay for an apartment of my own until I can fully support myself as long as I find a job or paid internship. I was ecstatic when they told me about it because I can't wait to get out of the house.

So for today, my first order of business will be apartment hunting. I scheduled a couple of house tours yesterday with my first one starting at noon. Seeing as though it's only nine, I decide it's acceptable to go grab coffee somewhere until my first tour. 

I arrive at one of the many quaint coffee shops downtown a short 25 minutes later after throwing on jeans and a jacket. I snag a table by the window and unload my laptop from my bag before ordering a large coffee from the counter. My concentration rises a half cup of caffeine later, causing me to get sucked into my research on job openings in the area. So when my phone dings out of seemingly nowhere, I had a small heart attack.

Angry that my concentration was now broken, I unlock my phone to see a new text from Auston sitting in my messages. I quickly read over the short but sweet bubble which said: "Hey, what are you up to today?" Swoon-worthy!

I type a quick reply, telling him I'm touring apartments all afternoon. Not five seconds later, my phone buzzes again with a new message from Auston: "Time and place?" Smiling like an idiot, I tell him to pick me up from the coffee shop in ten minutes because the first tour is at 12. He eagerly agrees, making me giddy. I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself and make this out to be more than it is, but I can't help the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

After chugging the rest of my coffee and packing up my things, I hear beeping outside. I immediately recognize Auston's Range Rover as the culprit when I step onto the busy Toronto street. I stride over to the passenger's side and swing open the door, climbing as gracefully as I could inside. Auston looks at me and gives me a small smile, which I return before buckling my seatbelt.