twenty two

ALASKA

A date with Auston. I feel like it is much easier said than done, considering there's less than an hour until he's supposed to pick me up and I'm still sitting on my bed in sweatpants. It seems to always come done to clothes, except in this case, I can't get rid of the butterflies in my stomach. 

I keep trying to tell myself that it's just Auston; I have nothing to worry about, but somehow that makes me even more nervous. Do I find Auston attractive? Of course. But do I want to be more than friends? I have no clue. Part of me is saying to just dive right in and test out the waters, see if it could even be a possibility. However, part of me is saying to back out and continue my normal boy-free life. 

At this point, I have no choice but to follow through with this little 'date' if that's what you want to call it. Auston has given me little to no details about tonight, only saying that he'll pick me up at seven and that we'll be getting food at some point. Other than that, I've heard nothing. 

I debate whether or not I should just wing the outfit and hope it meets the dress code, but decide against it and pull out my phone to text Auston.

Conversation With: Auston

what am I supposed to wear tonight

nothing

haha funny

yeah, I am

seriously, what should I wear

something tight and maybe lace?

I have no problem canceling

you're no fun

so they say

dress kinda nice, kinda casual

wow, that's so helpful!

thank you, I know

so sweats and heels?

fine by me

I would never do that

you'd still look amazing

I'm ending this convo now

:(

see u at 7, right?

depends on if you're on time

I'll try my best

good

great

With Auston's not so helpful advice in mind, I force myself off my bed and shuffle lazily over to my closet. I swing the doors open and grab the first pair of ripped jeans I see, along with a tight black shirt. I slip on the jeans and tuck the shirt into them before flopping down at my vanity. I go through my typical makeup routine, adding some winged eyeliner and lipstick for effect. 

Realizing I have about five minutes until Auston's supposed to be here, I slip on a long black coat to combat the Toronto winter and black heels to dress the look up. My eyes glance over my accessories one last time for any potential candidates. They land on a black and white bandana which I tie around my neck for a little something extra.

I open my phone to see that has just turned seven o'clock. I grab my purse and head downstairs to wait. I pace back and forth in the foyer, listening to my heels click against the hardwood, while my thoughts swirl around my head at a million miles an hour. I take a nervous glance at the clock on the wall.