ten

**I'M SO SORRY ABOUT NOT UPDATING!!! I had a huge World Religions final paper to do, so I've been MIA. Sorry!!!**

ALASKA

"So you're telling us nothing happened between you two yesterday?" Steph asks me, intently awaiting a response. I nod and take another sip of my coffee. Steph, Carly, and I had decided to meet up for lunch at a little café downtown.

"Nope. I'm telling you, we're only friends," I reassure my two wide-eyed friends. Carly frowns and gives me a suspicious glance. 

"Only friends? What a joke," she huffs, taking a gulp of her drink. Steph nods in agreement, causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance.

"I don't know, guys. I mean we really are just friends, but I mean I find him attractive. However, that does not mean I want a relationship with him! I've gathered from the minimal number of times we've talked that he is chronically annoying and a big flirt," I explain, finishing off the remaining black coffee that collected at the bottom of my mug.

"Fair enough," Carly says with a smug grin. She had told us earlier that she and William made it official the night of the party. I'm happy for them. They're both energetic and genuine people. I think they work well together.

"Yeah, I gotta give it to you, Alaska. Auston can act like an annoying hormonal teenage boy at times," Steph adds, shrugging her shoulders with the same knowing smile as Carly. I quirk a brow in question of their suspicious behavior.

"What am I missing?" I ask, immediately dreading whatever they may say. Steph and Carly exchange glances before Carly nods to Steph with a smile. I sigh, preparing myself for whatever plan they're about to announce.

"Jesus, just spit it out. How bad could it be?" I ask them, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay, okay! The Leafs are playing in LA tomorrow night and then they have a few days off, so some of the guys plus a couple of the girlfriends are staying out there. Soooo, since Carly and I are both going, we thought you should come too! I know it's very last minute, but we really want you to come," Steph exclaims, surprising me. I was expecting her to tell me about yet another party that will, knowing me, probably take a turn for the worst.

"I don't know... my mom might not even let me go. Plus, I don't want to intrude on your guys' vacation," I say, backing out of the invitation. I feel like it would be awkward to have me there, mixed in with all the other couples. Don't get me wrong, though. It would be super fun to explore LA with Steph and Carly.

"Alaska, I'm sure your mom will want you to go hang out with friends. You always tell me how she says you need to make friends here in Toronto. Plus, it's the beginning of Winter break! You have to get out and do something fun," Carly reasons, giving valid points.

"Yeah, and you won't be intruding! If you feel awkward because you aren't part of a couple, I'm sure we can work something out. And if all else fails, Auston will be there," Steph says, wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Whatever. Where are we staying?" I ask, rolling my eyes at her attempt to bring Auston back into the conversation.

"I'm almost positive we're all going to share a few rooms in a hotel downtown. Us three will most likely share a room and the boys will probably split into two or three rooms," Steph explains. I'm surprised they had all of this planned out already. I thought for sure they would wait until the last second to make all the arrangements.

"Sounds good. I'm in," I say, smiling at my two best friends. It's amazing how close we've grown in such a short amount of time. Carly squeals while Steph gives me a big hug, mumbling something about how much fun we're going to have.