The Three Stooges

I went skinny dipping in the pool the next night.

I knew it was far from a good idea, but for the first time in my life, I allowed my curiosity to beat out logic.

I made sure that it was after ten so the boys would be preoccupied with trying to help their Dad cook and clean. It was also when I knew for a fact that my mom would be asleep.

It never occurred to me how different swimming without a swimsuit felt. You could feel every little thing. From the way the water pushed back against your skin, the feeling of vulnerability, it gave me a sort of excitement.

Maybe that's why the Darling's did things like this, so they could feel that excitement bubbling deep in their chest, knowing very well that they were doing something wrong and could be caught at any moment.

"I see that you changed your mind." Robbie Darling's amused voice cut through the serene feeling, my eyes snapping open as they shot across the pool to him.

He was still wearing our school's Mathlete uniform, the school's golden crest glistening in the dim lights surrounding the pool.

"Maybe I did. What's it to you?" I replied, feeling the need to wrap my arms, or anything really, around myself. Despite the fact that the pool was so dark that I knew he couldn't see me, I still felt too vulnerable under his intense gaze for my liking.

"I just thought you might want some company." He winked, kicking his shoes and socks off.

"No!" I gasped, feeling warmth immediately rise to my cheeks, "I was just getting out and-"

"Don't be so frantic, Sally. We just won the competition, think of this as some sort of celebration." I felt my face twist slightly at the comment.

We had just won the Mathlete competition a few hours ago, after months of practice, endless nights of sitting and tearing my hair out, we had finally broken the school's record of losses since the eighties.

"Sienna." I mumbled, resting my head against the side wall of the pool, toying with the thought of banging it against the wall until Robbie got the hint and left.

Somehow, I knew that it wouldn't happen. He would stay here as long as he knew he was getting a rise out of me.

"We won because Becca got the last answer right." I responded, deciding to take the easier and more acceptable direction with the conversation.

"Exactly." Robbie lowered himself into the water, thankfully with his boxers still on, "You should invite her over, then we could all do-"

"Nope." I shook my head, "I'll see you around, Robbie." I reached for the towel sitting on top of the lawn chair beside the pool, ready to pull it into the water, not caring if it got soaked. Before I could reach for it, I felt Robbie's catch my ankle and yank me back into the water.

"Robbie!" I cried, whirling around and slapping my hands against his slippery chest. He only laughed, as if my slaps felt like nothing but a dog nudging him.

"Let me go!" I hissed, trying to squirm out of his grip.

Not only had I never been this close to a guy, I was also naked.

"Calm down, Sienna." He teased, forcing me back so I was trapped back against the wall, his eyes burning into mine.

"Admit that I'm the smartest person in school and I'll be valedictorian. Then I might think about letting you go." I shook my head before he had even finished his proposal.