I Want To Believe

"I think it might be Isabelle."

Robbie frowned, his eyebrows drawing in confusion.

"Why would you think that?" He asked, "Isabelle's only got eyes for Alex." I wanted to agree with him, to blow off the strange feeling I had in my chest every time I thought back to my conversation with Sammy.

"He said she's asked her to move back to France with her, Robbie. And they've only been together for six months." I shook my head, rubbing my temples as Robbie flipped the page of his textbook against my stomach, shaking his head.

"I think you're worrying too much, Sienna. Isabelle's gone, Alex said he got rid of her."

"And what better way to get rid of her then to throw her on to my older brother?" I threw my hands up, accidentally smacking Robbie's glasses off of his face.

"Beautiful, you really need to stop worrying. Maybe you should call Kayla or something, get everything off your mind." I wanted to shove Robbie's face into the situation, to make him understand that my theory was more than just a theory.

"You're right." I said instead. He smiled and leaned dwon to kiss me before I could sit up all the way.

"I'll see you later or tomorrow then." I grabbed my jacket from the computer chair beside us and sent Robbie a quick smile over my shoulder before walking out of his room.

*

"Kayla?" I let the door to the cafe swing shut behind me as my eyes fell on my best friend. She was sitting across from a guy, who from behind, actually kind of looked like Eliott.

"Oh, Sienna! Hey." Kayla stood up quickly, tucking her hair behind her ear and fiddling with the hem of her shirt nervously, "I forgot you were coming." I narrowed my eyes at her, trying to figure out why she looked so nervous.

"You told me to meet you here." I responded, my eyes falling on the boy in the booth, "I could leave if you're busy." She shook her head, clearing her throat and nodding toward the booth she had been sitting at.

"I actually just ran into Eliott Darling when I got here, he decided to keep me company." Eliott lifted his head at the booth upon hearing his name. I stared at him with a blank expression, feeling a sudden wave of shock wash over me.

Kayla. . . my best friend Kayla, had been the girl Eliott had a crush on?

Hi." I waved at him as I slipped into the booth, setting my purse beside me so it played as a divider between Kayla and me.

I looked up and felt my lips starting to part when I saw Eliott giving me a look, one that told me that my suspicions had been right, and that he didn't want me to tell her.

"I better get going." Eliott pushed himself up from the comfortable seat, "I'll see you two around." He waved before throwing his hoodie over his head and jogging toward the door and out of it before we could respond.

"I think I like him." Kayla said suddenly, then slapped her hands against her cheeks as if she'd just admitted something that she hadn't meant to say aloud.

"Kay, you have a boyfriend-"

"I know, I know. But. . . I. . . we haven't been on great terms the last few months. Eliott's been talking to me since you and Robbie started dating. He's really sweet and his eyes are so gorgeous." She smiled, falling into the seat Eliott had been sitting in moments ago.

"Sweetie, you need to figure out what you want." I said to her, "If you like Eliott, then I highly recommend you break it off with your boyfriend." She nodded in agreement, the smile fading as she propped her chin on her hand.