House Of Fears

The nippy air attacked my cheeks moments before the rest of my body.

I hugged my jacket tighter around me, rubbing my mittens together in hopes of creating some sort of warmth, but came up with nothing.

All three of the Darling boys and Alex were a few steps ahead, Eliott occasionally darting off to play a game before joining us again, Jai stopping a few times to flirt, and Alex once or twice to get something to drink.

It was Robbie, who had stayed in the exact same spot a few feet in front of me, his hands shoved into his pockets, head bowed, that never seemed to get distracted by anything at the carnival.

I had found myself distracted by him, by the way he'd look as if he were muttering to himself, or would sneak a glance sideways at Alex, his lips pulled into a thin line and his forehead creased. It was odd to see Robbie Darling look uncertain of himself, his surroundings, considering he had been nothing but the brillant team leader for as long as I could remember.

"Sienna?" I lifted my head up as Alex allowed himself to fall behind and in step with me, a small smile on his face.

"Hmm?" I shoved my mitten covered hands into my jacket pockets and continued to stare at Robbie's messy brown hair.

"You don't seem to be having any fun." He commented.

"I am." I lied, "Really, I'm having fun." Honestly, anything was more fun then rocking back and forth on my bed and praying that Alan didn't come back. Even with Sammy there, there was no guarentees.

"You-" Before Alex could go on, I felt arms wrap around me from behind and let out an ear piercing scream.

"Wow, chill, Sienna. It's just me." I felt a nervous laugh leave me as I stepped back, my hand thrown over my chest.

Ashton was standing a little too close, obviously unaware of what personal space is, a dumbfounded look on his face.

"You scared me." I answered after my heart had started to beat normally again.

"Well, I'm sorry for that." He cracked another smile, "I didn't know you were coming tonight. If I did, I would have brought you as my date." I blinked, confused.

"Date? Sorry, I don't do carnival-"

"You don't do carnivals?" He cut me off, his expression growing even more confused.

"No, I don't do dates at carnivals." I clarified.

"Oh," He shrugged, "I meant for the dance for charity. All of us, the team, were supposed to bring a date for it. I just didn't have enough time to, with work and everything." He was smiling again, but it seemed weaker this time.

"Oh." I mumbled, letting my eyes shift toward Robbie. He, as well as his brothers and Alex, had paused in front of another booth, watching us with curious eyes.

"If you're free now, I'd love to take you over and dance. I think it might even be televised." He winked, as if there were some sort of inndeuendo that I was supposed to get.

"You know what?" I huffed out, "I would love that."

*

After letting Eliott know where I was going with Ash, I watch the four boys walk off, Robbie glancing back a couple times, as if he were trying to see if we were still watching after them or not.

"Come on." Ashton took my hand and led me through a few crowds of people, even spinning me as if we were already dancing a few times. I was surprised, that he had gotten me to laugh. I hadn't done it in a while.