Chapter 3

I hung onto his shirt and whispered softly into his ear so that the Grounder could not hear us. "Get down."

"Xavier, you're hurt," Bellamy said as he looked over my shoulder. The arrow had struck into my shoulder, thank God, avoiding any of the organs.

"Damn it, Bellamy," I hissed and pulled him down with me. We lay on the ground quietly, waiting for any signs of the Grounder.

"How many," Bellamy asked.

"Just one," I responded without meeting his gaze. I tried really hard to focus on any strange noises that could tell me about the Grounder's whereabouts.

But Bellamy likes to talk.

"I thought I told you to go back to the ship," he whispered, "And now you got shot. Is it so hard for you to listen to simple orders?"

I rolled my eyes and glanced at him, "First of all; I don't take orders from you, Blake. Second of all, you're welcome for saving your arrogant ass! Now shut up, so I can point out where the Grounder is."

Bellamy stared at me, surprised at my reaction. But he decided to keep quiet.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps. They were getting closer, faster... and there was more than one? I glanced up.

"Do you hear that?" Bellamy asked, "Sounds like there's more than one Grounder after all."

It couldn't be. I hadn't seen any other Grounder.

All of a sudden the footsteps sounded familiar, and Octavia's voice echoed through, "Bell! Bellamy, are you out here?"

"Here," I heard Finn's voice, "I think I see someone here."

Bellamy got up and shouted back, "Guys, we're over here."

"What are you doing," I tugged on his jeans, "Do you want the Grounders to find us?"

"Look, clearly he's gone." Bellamy said as he tried to get me back on my feet, "And you need medical attention. Come on,"

I grunted as he threw my arm around his shoulders, and grabbed me by the waist. Finn and Octavia, along with Harper and some other kid I didn't recognize showed up.

"Xavier, are you okay?" Finn asked, "What happened?"

I glanced at him, stunned. How did he know who I was? No one knew who I was.

"Xavier was struck by an arrow," Bellamy said as we started walking towards camp. He glanced at me, while I tried to focus on the road, and for any signs of any more Grounders. I didn't care whether he hadn't thanked me yet. All I wanted to do was make sure that we were not followed.

"Well, that was very stupid of you," Octavia rolled her eyes.

I grunted when the pain worsened, and almost lost my will to walk.

"Hey, just a couple of more steps," Bellamy said as he tightened his hold on me.

"No," I said as I pulled away from him and sat down on the ground, "The arrow is worsening the pain every time I move." I glanced up at Bellamy and said softly, "You're going to have to get it out."

"Whoa," Finn interrupted, "No, that might be too dangerous. Look, Clarke is at the drop ship, and we're almost there."

"You don't get it," I responded, "The walking is making the pain worse. I can't handle it any much longer."

"Just take that damn thing out of her," Octavia snapped and walked behind me.

"O, wait," Bellamy said, not taking his gaze off me. I saw him take in a deep breath and kneel in front of me.