Chapter 5

Lincoln came through.

Octavia approached Clarke and I the next day, while I was helping her keep an eye on (still) unconscious Jasper. We were to meet halfway tomorrow, a bridge that stood in between our camp and the whole of the Grounder community we were supposed to meet up. After Octavia told us about the news, she left the drop ship, and me to deal with a judgmental Clarke.

"Have you talked to Bellamy?" I asked, when silence started to drown us out.

"Not yet, I haven't," she said, as she cleaned the wound on Jasper's chest and changed the dressing on the wound. "I will once we manage to get more weapons."

I sighed, "Do we really need the weapons?"

"Xavier, we discussed this," Clarke glanced at me, "I don't want to talk about this any more than we already have." Once she was done, she said, "Look, I know there's a very high chance that this may go south from either sides. The most we can do is be prepared. Who knows, maybe we won't have to use our weapons,"

"Have you met Bellamy," I cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes, I have," she responded, "And I know plenty lot like him. But at this point, it's all we can do now. He's a good man, despite his faulty ways."

I couldn't do it, I thought. I couldn't get Bellamy involved in this. But I was fooling myself if I thought Clarke was going to change her mind.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air," I muttered and left the ship and walked out into the camp where I saw John tormenting some poor child while Wells tried to keep things in order.

Poor guy, I thought. He had no chance in surviving amongst a group of delinquents.

"Carter,"

I turned around and saw Bellamy walking towards me, with Atom and Harper following behind him. I froze when I saw his face. I've been trying to avoid him since the night I got struck by an arrow trying to save his obnoxious ass, and for the life of me, I still haven't figured out why.

"What are you doing at the moment," he asked once he approached me.

"Nothing," I responded, "I thought I'd go for a walk,"

"Good," he said and glanced at Harper who handed me a dagger.

"What's this for," I asked.

"We're going for a walk," he said and started walking towards the gate.

"Hold on," I said as I turned to face them. Bellamy stopped and turned towards me. "I'm not going anywhere unless you tell me where we are going,"

Bellamy sighed in frustration and started walking towards the gate again. Atom followed, but seeing my frustrated look, Harper said, "There's a bunker not far from the camp. Finn discovered it. We think there might be some supplies there we can bring back here."

"Thank you, Harper," I said as I started walking with her, "Was that so hard for Bellamy to explain?"

She chuckled, "Yeah, he's a bit on the annoying side these past couple of days."

"Why's that," I asked, secretly hoping he had not heard about the meet up Octavia had arranged for us.

"Between you and me," she said softly in amusement, "I think he's a little embarrassed that you had to save his ass from that Grounder the other night. Kind of wounded his pride,"

I rolled my eyes, "Of course, he is. Who made him the King of the Earth?"

-----------