Chapter 19

I stood side by side with Octavia, Bellamy, Abigail and Raven, staring at the army of thousands, and thousands, of Trikru camped outside Mount Weather. The sun had come up, and as we stood on the higher ground and looked upon the Grounders, we were overcome with a slight hint of intimidation.

"Just imagine." Octavia muttered, "If the Ark hadn't come down, these people would have killed us in our sleeps in a second."

"You're welcome," Raven muttered back.

Clarke and Indra approached us from the camp. Clarke had a sense of satisfaction smeared across her face as if she had already won the war, but Indra looked as unimpressed as ever.

"So, I'm assuming it's a go from the Commander," Octavia asked Indra. She nodded and walked towards her people who had followed us from Camp Jaha.

"What took you guys so long," Raven asked.

"We ran into a few complications," Clarke responded, "Lexa's advisers weren't so keen on helping Skaikru, but I managed to convince her that we're the good guys."

"And how did you manage to convince the almighty Commander," Octavia rolled her eyes.

"A little faith goes a long way, Octavia," she said and said to her mother, "They have a few people taken ill on the campsite,"

Abigail nodded and followed her daughter towards the camp.

"So," one of the guards from our camp asked, "What's the plan?"

"That's what we need to find out," I said, "And standing here like outsiders aren't going to help. Let's follow Clarke and see what this God of a Commander is all about,"

I started walking, and I could have sworn I felt a bit of hesitation from Bellamy at me leading the troops.

-----

As we walked through the camp, we got stared at a lot. A few of the Grounders spat at the ground as we walked, and a few others muttered to themselves in their own language. We chose to ignore it, but when I heard a few of the guards grip their weapons harder, I turned to them, "Please, by all means; point the weapons at them. They won't feel threatened at all,"

Bellamy sighed, "Guys, lower your weapons,"

"How do we know they won't attack us," someone asked.

"Because they aren't fools," Octavia responded, "Now lower your weapons or else I'll cut them off of you,"

Raven and I exchanged amused glances.

We realized we had reached the Commander's tent when one of the Trikru men stepped in front of us and said something in their language.

Also the huge ass tent that looked bigger than the rest.

"Octavia, what'd he say," Bellamy asked.

"He said no weapons past this point," she responded as she placed her sword on the ground beside him. She gave him a friendly nodded, gesturing him that we were going to oblige.

"No way am I leaving my gun with these imbeciles," one of the guards remarked.

"Then, stay outside," I snapped and gestured to the Grounder that I was not carrying any weapons on me. He nodded at me, and let Raven, Octavia, Bellamy and I through.

Once we went in, two Grounder warriors and a woman sitting at her, what looked like to be a throne, greeted us with silence.

"This is some Game of Thrones kind of shit," Raven whispered.