Chapter 7

It began to rain. Arrows: it began to rain arrows on us.

"Everyone, fall back," Clarke shouted. I grabbed Bellamy who stood stunned, watching Finn collapse onto the ground and started running after Clarke and Octavia. We managed to meet up with Atom and Harper who passed my rifle to Clarke.

Once we were in safer grounds, we stopped running.

"What is wrong with you?" Octavia barked at Bellamy and shoved him, "We almost had it! We almost walked out of there alive!" She turned to Clarke and yelled at her, "This is why I told you not to bring him along! He thinks he's protecting us." She glanced at her brother, "But we all know he's really a coward."

"Octavia," Clarke said softly, trying to calm her down.

"No," she snapped, "Don't talk me out of this. I'm done with you guys. I'm done!" She grabbed my rifle from Clarke and began walking towards the camp.

Bellamy said softly to Atom without moving his gaze from the ground, "Follow her. Make sure she gets back safe."

Atom, confused as to whom to listen to, glanced at Clarke. She nodded at both Atom and Harper.

I let out a deep breath, not realizing that I was holding it in for too long since we stopped running. Tears welled up my eyes as I fought hard not to let them roll down my cheeks. Finn was dead.

The only person who knew my real father was dead.

"I'm sorry about Finn, Clarke," Bellamy said softly.

I growled in frustration and shoved him back. Stunned, he looked up at me.

"You're an ass, Blake!" I cried, "How could you do this? How could you sabotage our only chance of survival? And now Finn is dead, and his death is on you!"

"You think I don't know that," Bellamy responded.

"Well, clearly you didn't," I blinked and the tears rolled down uncontrollably, "Why can't you for once get your thick head out of your ass and listen to someone when they tell you not to act irrationally?"

"Xavier," Clarke grabbed my shoulder gently but I slipped away from her grasp.

"I told you we shouldn't have brought him here," I yelled at her, "We should have listened to Octavia and kept him out of this. She knows him better than any one of us. I mean," I glanced at him, "Wasn't he the reason she got sent to lock up?"

Bellamy clenched his jaw once again but refrained from saying anything. He knew I was right.

I was right.

"I hope the Council finds a way to come to Earth," I growled furiously, "I hope they come down here and punish you for what you did,"

Bellamy's eyes widened, "Xavier, don't,"

"Wait," Clarke stepped in, "What are you talking about? Bellamy, what did you do?"

"Xavier," Bellamy shook his head.

To hell with promises.

"He shot the Chancellor," I said without taking my eyes off Bellamy, and I watched as his shoulders dropped in defeat, "That's why he snuck into the drop ship."

"What," Clarke gasped and turned to Bellamy, "You did what,"

Bellamy stood quiet, motionless. The guilt plastered all over his face.

"Octavia is right," I said, slightly lowering my voice, "You are a coward, Blake. You'll always be a coward." Leaving Clarke confused, and Bellamy drowning in guilt, I walked past them towards the camp.