Chapter 6

Harper, Atom and I walked after Bellamy holding our rifles as we made our way through the woods. Clarke had given us instructions not to open fire unless one of the Grounders decided to become hostile. She also gave me special instructions to keep Bellamy on his feet when he sees Octavia on the bridge with her and Finn. I sighed, as I watched Bellamy walk at a fast pace.

"Bellamy, can we slow down, please," I pleaded gently.

Bellamy spoke over his shoulder; "I see we're on a first name basis now." He stopped and glanced at me, "What mellowed you down?"

I rolled my eyes and walked past him. Once we got to our location, we made sure we got a good view of the bridge, but remained hidden for our safety. Bellamy set his rifle in position and looked through the sniper scope. The second he took a glance on the bridge he lowered his gun, and gasped, "What is Octavia doing here?"

"If you want her to survive through this, Bellamy," I said to him calmly, "You'll make sure not to sabotage this."

He glanced at me, "You knew about this? You knew she was coming here,"

"Yes, I did," I replied honestly, "But she doesn't know you're here. In fact, she didn't want you here. So if she finds out you are, and that Clarke and I went against her wishes, do you really want to know what will happen next?"

Bellamy took a step towards me, "Once this is all over, once we go back to the camp in one piece, I want you to stay away from my sister, do you hear me?"

"I can't speak for Octavia," I responded as I adjusted my rifle, "But I promise you that once the truce goes through, I'll stay away from everyone of you,"

He sensed the seriousness in my tone, and decided not to say anything further. We took our position and watched the events that took place on the bridge through our sniper scope.

Clarke, Octavia and Finn stood one side of the bridge, engaged in their own little conversation, waiting for the Grounders to show up. Suddenly, we heard the sound of heavy footsteps, galloping towards the bridge from the other side. I moved my scope towards the other side and saw three grounders on horses slowing down once they reached the bridge, and Lincoln by their side.

The Grounder who was leading the group was a woman, tall and slender. She dismounted from her horse and glanced at Lincoln. She said something to him, and the reaction of his face was that of rejection, but he glanced up, probably at Octavia, and they started walking towards Clarke.

"This better be worth it, Carter," Bellamy muttered.

Yeah, I hope so too.

Clarke, Octavia and Finn started walking as well, and met up with the Grounder leader halfway.

I let out a sigh of relief when I saw them conversing.

"Grounder princess does not look happy," Atom mentioned.

"Yeah," Bellamy responded softly, "Our princess has that effect." Suddenly, Bellamy lowered his rifle, "Wait a minute, why is that Grounder looking at Octavia like that?"

Oh, brother.

He raised his sniper scope to his eye, and lowered the rifle again, and got up, "I don't like the look of this."

"Bellamy, what are you doing," I dropped my rifle when Bellamy started to run towards the bridge. Oh, shit, oh, shit! "Bellamy, stop!" I cried out.

Another oh, shit moment: Grounder princess grabbed Octavia.

"Let my sister go," Bellamy barked. All eyes turned to us, Clarke and Finn stepped back, the Grounders on the horses took out their weapons, and Bellamy pulled Octavia away from the woman's grasp before stepping in front of his sister and pulling the rifle on Grounder Princess.

"Bellamy, what are you doing," Clarke exclaimed. I ran past them as fast as I could and got in between the Grounder princess and Bellamy.

"Get out of my way, Carter," Bellamy growled.

"I see that peace is the last thing the Sky People really want," the Grounder Princess spoke.

"No, Anya," Clarke responded hastily, "This is just a misunderstanding. Bellamy, put down your gun!"

Bellamy wasn't going to lower his gun. I knew that for a fact. So I turned around to face Anya, the Grounder Princess.

"Look," I said, feeling slightly terrified at the look in her eyes, "I understand this is not what you expected."

"On the contrary," she said, "This is exactly what I predicted." She glanced at Lincoln and said harshly, "Your involvement with the Skaikru has put our people in danger, do you realize that, Lincoln?"

Lincoln remained silent.

"I know we come off as hostile," I said, which made her look my way, "But I promise you this is not what we are."

"I didn't come all the way here to speak with you, Skaikru," Anya said.

"I'm the only thing that's standing between you and your death," I responded bravely, "So I think it's worth giving me the time of your day, don't you think?"

Anya stared at me, slightly amused by my act of bravery by speaking up. She glanced at Bellamy, who was beginning to lose his stance, and then turned back to me.

"Your man's attempt to attack me will not go unnoticed," she said, "You have until nightfall tomorrow to pack up your belongings and leave Trikru territory. Or else we will reign terror on your people,"

"No, please," Clarke began to plead but Anya interrupted her.

"Besides," she said to Clarke, "It was not like your attempt for peace talks was going to work, anyway." She glanced at Lincoln, "And you have now to decide whether you're part of Trikru, or part of them,"

Lincoln glanced at Octavia, and for a second, he looked like he was going to side with us. But he lowered his gaze and took a step back.

No.

"Very well, then," Anya glanced back at us, "You have until tomorrow. I suggest you heed my words if you want to live." She turned around and began walking towards her horse with Lincoln behind her.

"Just where do you think you're going," Bellamy growled and pushed me aside.

"Blake, what the hell is wrong with you," Finn and I said at the same time.

Anya stopped and turned around. Then she said to one of the Grounders, "Kill that one. He's getting on my nerves."

No!

Suddenly, through the trees, and arrow flew straight towards Bellamy. Before any one of us could do anything, before I could save Bellamy AGAIN, someone stepped in front of him.

Finn! NO!

====