Chapter 14

It took all the strength in my body to not run to him and throw my arms around him.

But it didn't take me a second to walk up to him and slap him across his face.

Stunned, he glanced at me, "It's nice to see you too,"

"You were supposed to follow me back to the ship, you ass," I shouted at him.

"Did you honestly think I was going to abandon O," he smiled warmly. When I didn't react, he sighed, dropping his shoulders and taking a small step towards me, making me take one back in reflex, "I'm sorry. I should've told you, but there wasn't time, and-,"

Okay, I couldn't stop myself.

I threw my arms around him and hugged him. He stood stunned, and then slowly, he wrapped his arms around me.

"That's new," Octavia chuckled and walked off.

I pulled away, slightly blushing, and took couple of steps away from him, when the flutters began to surface within me.

"What happened to you," he said, "I came back a while after the explosion, and you guys were gone. I thought the Grounders took you guys,"

"No," I sighed and filled him up on the week past.

"We need to go back for them," he said, sternly, his smile fading off, "If what you're saying is true. Our people will be next to be drained off blood,"

"But we can't do it alone," Clarke showed up with Abigail, "We need to bring the Grounders on our side,"

"What makes you think the Grounders will side with us," I asked, "They hate us, remember,"

"But they hate the Mountain Men more," she said, "They have thousands of Grounders in there. If they want their people back, they'd want to ally with us."

I took in a deep breath and sighed, "But how are we going to talk to them?"

"Indra," Octavia returned, "She's the Chief of the town Lincoln is from, and that means she has a higher authority like Anya. I can advocate for you guys."

"And how do you plan on doing that," Bellamy asked.

"Lincoln taught me Trigedasleng," she said, and when we stared at her silently, she sighed, "The language they speak. Skaikru; it means Sky People, or person, or whatever. Just believe me, okay,"

"So you speak their language, what makes you think they'll want to speak to you," Abigail said.

"I helped one of them," she said, "Lincoln's friend, Nyko. He's the town healer much like you, Mrs. Griffin." Octavia gave her a fake smile and then turned to Bellamy, "Let me go on our behalf,"

"No one is going anywhere,"

The circle we had gathered opened up and I saw a familiar face walk towards us. My hands began to sweat, so I forced them into fists as I watched the man approach us.

"I admire your bravery, Octavia," he said calmly once he stopped in front of us, "But you are too young to get involved in politics."

"Chancellor, with all due respect-," Bellamy started but was interrupted.

Chancellor?

"You are not in charge here anymore, Bellamy," he said sharply and turned towards Abigail, "Gather the Council. We need to discuss tactics before we do anything in haste,"

Abigail nodded and walked off after giving Clarke an apologetic look.

The man glanced at us and then sighed. He spoke in a gentler tone, "You need to understand that we're doing this to protect you. You don't have to fight anymore. We're here now, so all you need to worry about is being safe."