t w o

Stiles' POV

I stopped at my house to shove all of my necessities into a duffle bag and my backpack. The last thing to be put into my bag was a photograph of me and my dad at my first lacrosse game. I felt a pang in my heart. After zipping up my bag, I rush over to my desk and grabbed a paper and pencil. I would've grabbed a pen, but I have a really shaky hand that makes a lot of mistakes and somehow, the ink gets all over my hand. So I stick with my pencil.

Dear Dad,

Please don't come looking for me because I'm not kidnapped this time. Long story short, the pack kicked me out, and I just need to get away from Beacon Hills. Don't worry, Dad. I'm staying with an old friend of mine, where I'll be safe. And don't for a second think that this is your fault in any way. You are an amazing father that I am lucky to have, and I promise that I'll see you again soon.

Love, Stiles

With a deep breath, I leave the short note on my bed and leave. Closing the Jeep door behind me, I look up one last time at my childhood home. Then, pulling out of the driveway, I don't even process what I'm doing before I pass the Beacon Hills sign. I pull out my phone and click on the contact that has been left alone for the past few months.

No way. Is this actually Stiles Stilinski calling my cell phone?

I laugh, already feeling better about this whole situation. "Hey Maddie," I great, but my voice breaks a little.

Oh no. What's wrong? You know I've been taking some karate classes, and I've been looking for someone to try them out on.

I sigh. Luckily, she already knows about the supernatural, mainly because she is one. "Well, I just got kicked out of the pack, which sucks, but I was actually calling to ask you of a favor."

Okay.. Shoot. And that karate offer is still on the table, you know.

I let out a short laugh. "I think I'll put that offer on hold because in case you haven't noticed, I'm a ninja master." She let out a snort before clearing her throat and letting me continue. "Anyway, I was wondering if I could stay with you for a bit. I know it's a lot to ask, but-"

No Stiles don't worry about it. You're always welcome.

I could feel her smile through the phone, and I hope the feeling was mutual. "Well good, because I'm in your driveway." I shut off the Jeep and get out as the front door of the mansion opens.

"Oh my gosh Stiles I haven't seen you in forever. Or talked to you for that matter. We have so much catching up to do!" Maddie yells before tackling me in a hug. I hug her back. "You have no idea how lonely it is here all by myself," she whiles, still holding me close.

I sigh. "Believe me I think I do, but I experienced it while I was surrounded by people I thought I knew... But enough of that sad stuff. I actually have another teeny- weeny favor to ask you." We pull back, and I smile sheepishly as her.

She rolls her eyes. "Oh no. I'm going to take this as a kind of big favor?" She raises and eyebrow with a knowing smirk.

I shrug, toying with the sleeves of my flannel. "Well, I guess you could call it that..." I look up at her, and she silently urges me to continue. "I don't want to be human anymore."