t w e n t y - f i v e

Lydia's POV

Theo being back definitely caused some complications. Many voted to put him back into the ground, but Theo pleaded against that, saying that he could prove to be pretty helpful. 'Come on, you need as much help with Deucalion's pack as you can get' he had begged, and Scott unwillingly gave him the okay. Theo was on a probation of sorts, though. He could get put back into the ground at any point in time, and Kira kept her sword on her at all times to live up to that threat if needed. His smirk of victory has me worried though, and I don't like it. It seemed like he has another plan up his sleeve, and I still haven't gotten over the last one.

I still feel my heart drop to my stomach when I think about how everyone had turned against one another in a time where everyone needed each other most. Theo still doesn't have a pack, and that forces me to be suspicious of whether or not he has a similar goal this time around.

Another thing that bothers me about the whole Theo thing was that something had been off with Malia ever since he came back. I couldn't quite place what it was, though. In one way, it was like he knew something that she doesn't want everyone else knowing. She could also just be a Hale and want to kill him for whatever reason; for that I'm not really sure. But something else was off. I hadn't seen this side of her since her and Stiles were a thing. Maybe her and Theo are closer than everyone thought? But why would that be?

Something else has happened recently that's been worrying me all day. I had a dream last night, and Allison was in it.

She was here and very much alive. I know, it could easily have been one of those missing my best friend dreams, but it felt like it was more than that. It almost felt like a banshee thing. I just had that feeling that I had when Stiles was possessed, and Allison died the first time. I just knew there was some truth to it, and the notion was bothering me.

Allison was back in Beacon Hills, and I know this wasn't a memory because it was also a prediction of sorts. She was there, in the abandoned building, fighting against Deucalion's pack with us. She had her bow and arrow with her special arrows that only her and Chris know how to make. But this is where the dream got scary. Someone on our side falls, but I couldn't see who it was. Somehow I knew that that person wasn't getting back up on their own, and that's where I woke up to a cold and sticky sweat coating my body.

Allison couldn't have been back though, right? That's not possible because we saw her die. Well, Stiles and I didn't, but we saw the aftermath, and that was enough.

Allison died, and she's not coming back. End of story.

And then there's the whole Stiles thing. We haven't heard from him in the past few days, and Derek and Scott were getting agitated to say in the least. They, they meaning Scott and a grumpy Derek who thought otherwise, didn't want to intrude on Stiles' reunion with his pack. But with Deucalion almost here, Derek finally had enough of waiting. Honestly, I'm surprised he lasted this long. Maybe he has a thing for someone in Stiles' pack. Ha, no I doubt that. Derek Hale doesn't have feelings.

He stands and swiftly walks out of the door, and the rest of the pack stumbles behind him. We pile into random cars and take off to Stiles' house. The ride there was silent with Isaac and Malia in the car. Everyone was anxious to make sure that Stiles was okay, but me?

I was more than anxious. My feelings for Stiles were so obvious now, but I know that he's happy with Madelyn. And, I mean, she's perfect. She knows how to use her powers, and she looks amazing while doing it. Me? I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing, ever, and I probably look like the worst banshee alive next to Nate's abilities. She has me beat in every possible way.

But how could I have looked over Stiles for so long? He was the only one that saw through my dumb act a few years ago, and he was always so sweet to me. Even when I was so mean to him and pushed him away, he always came back with that stupid grin on his face that could make anyone smile. He always made me feel included, and he knew exactly what to say to make me feel better. Not to mention the fact that he was always so thoughtful, like that time he got me the ginormous present for my birthday party. I can't believe I took him for granted for all of those years, and now that I finally know how I feel about him, he's gone. I lost him.

"Uh, Lydia? Did you forget the way to Stiles' house?" Malia asks carefully, and I can tell from her tone of voice that this wasn't the first time she tried to talk to me.

I snap out of my trance and look back at the road. What am I doing at the preserve? Stiles' house is at least fifteen minutes the other way, so it's not even a wrong turn. "Hold on," I tell them and climb out of the car. I wander around the woods, the light brown leaves rustling under my heels. The wind blows through my hair, sending chills down my spine as goosebumps appear on my pale arms. I take a deep breath to try and calm my nerves, but the usual smell of damp moss isn't the only thing that fills my nose. What else is that?

The crunching of leaves is heard behind me, and I swivel myself around quickly, startling both Malia and Isaac. "Woah, Lydia. Are you okay?" Isaac seems genuinely concerned, so I nod slightly and turn around to keep walking.

I clear my mind and let my feet move themselves until I arrive at a familiar bridge. I shudder as memories of Theo's sister flood under my eyelids when I close my eyes. I open my eyes again and let out a piercing scream. There were five bodies piled under the bridge, and the smell of fresh blood surrounds me. The bodies were so brutally torn that it could have been mistaken as an animal attack if a banshee wasn't drawn here.

You always just show up to find the dead bodies

Immediately, Isaac is on the phone and Malia is by my side, attempting to comfort me. I couldn't stop staring at the bodies. They all looked so familiar.

After a few minutes of Malia warming my trembling body, Isaac hangs up the phone with a groan. "There's trouble at Stiles' place, too," he informs.

"Wait. What's going on a Stiles'? Is he okay?" I demand, but the look on Isaac's face and the feeling of dread in my gut make me think otherwise.