t w e n t y - e i g h t

Author's Note: I'm so sorry.

3rd Person POV

To say that Stiles was nervous would be the understatement of the century, maybe even millenium. His palms were sweating to the point where his jeans were too slick to absorb any more perspiration. The feeling of butterflies in his stomach was more of a feeling of elephants with magical fairy wings rampaging in his gut. His headache was more of a migraine, like his brain was swelling to the point of pushing against his skull, before shrinking to its normal size, and then the process repeats itself. The grace that Stiles had worked so hard to perfect over the past six months was gone, like it was never there to begin with. It was almost like it actually had a reverse effect, and Stiles was more clumsy now than ever, if that was even possible. His heart was pounding so hard in his chest that is was actually causing pain in his ribcage. It felt like the bones protecting his organs were going to shatter into a million pieces at any given moment. And on top of that, his wrist was aching. Well, more like throbbing, and he didn't want to ask Maddie to heal him.

She never had to do it before, and he didn't want to give in to the weakness. Besides, he's broken his wrist before after falling out of a tree Scott dared him to climb. Well, maybe Scott told him not to climb it, and Stiles demanded that he stop telling him how to live his life. But Stiles would never admit to that. So a little sprain shouldn't hurt that bad, even if he had forgotten to ice it and flex it around recently.

Stiles took a deep breath before looking up at the looming building, titled with the big boxy letters of BEACON HILLS FIRST NATIONAL BANK. The symbol on the double glass doors sent chills down his spine and bad memories to his already pounding mind. It was dark and silent, a little too silent to be holding a relative of Stiles'. The broken windows and restored chains on the doors made human residents as Beacon Hills mindlessly tread past it, no one curious enough to break into the seemingly abandoned building. But Stiles knew better. He knew that one of the most powerful packs to ever exist was on the other side of that door. He also knew that that pack was holding his father hostage.

With that thought, he took the key from his pocket that would unlock the chains like a normal human being, one without supernatural powers, would do. It was enclosed in the letter from Deucalion.

Once inside, Stiles drops the chains to the glass flooring with a loud clang. Silence is the only thing to retaliate to Stiles' intentional loud movements. Sure, he was a bit suspicious, but he wasn't surprised. This is what Deucalion does: try to make you believe there isn't a threat, and then attack you when you're off guard. Too bad Stiles already knows this tactic, so it won't work.

"Hello? Deucalion? Any of his little pets? Anyone home? Don't tell me he has all of you on leashes. Deuc has always been kind of a control freak amirite? But I don't know. I didn't think he would be that much of a control freak to keep you guys on little runners. Let me guess: he gave you a bone, too? How'd I guess?" Stiles allows a small smile to grace his lips at the small growls he got for his big mouth.

Red eyes appear in dark corners, and Stiles finally stops in front of a familiar vault. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself.

"Stiles Stilinski. I didn't think you'd actually comply to my request," a voice teases in a mocking tone from behind him, and Stiles tries his best not to tense up at the annoying voice.

Deep down, Stiles knew that he wasn't scared for himself. Not one bit. But his dad? That was a completely other story. He never wanted to drag his father into this supernatural mess in the first place, but he knew that that itself would be inevitable in the end. But he never wanted him to be this involved. Stiles never wanted his father to be used against him in the supernatural world, a world that the sheriff should never be a part of. "Hey Deuc? Is it alright if I call you Deuc? Deucalion is really long, and it kind of reminds me of a lizard, and thinking of a lizard and a werewolf at the same time?" Stiles shudders and spares the alpha a grin. "Anyway, you say it like I actually had a choice. You took my father, and he's here being held hostage. Let him go, and we won't have to meet under these circumstances ever again. I can even invite you to my birthday party!"