t h i r t y - t h r e e

Author's Note: Oh my gosh this is the last chapter! After this all we have is an epilogue! But please continue to vote and comment! And I'm still not sure if I'm doing a sequel, so let me know if you want one!

3rd Person POV

"You know what's funny?" The middle-aged man asked in an arrogant manner, causing the young man to look up from the chains holding him to the cold concrete wall. Stiles only raises his eyebrows in response, not really caring if he continues his thought or not. Stiles was tired, hungry, and in pain. He had been here for what felt like days, and he'd been tortured numerous times a day for information he refused to provide. Stiles was sure that he had broken bones, and his voice was raspy from his continuous screaming for hours a day. Poor Stiles wasn't aware of his abilities as a Spark. He only knew what Peter had told him, and he couldn't believe a thing that came out of the man's mouth open-mindedly. Peter narrowed his eyes in annoyance at the other's disinterest before harshly grabbing the boy's chin and jerked it to face himself. "Must I remind you that I could kill you right now, quite easily in fact?"

Stiles only glares, exceedingly uncomfortable with the lack of distance between them. "Oh wow. You'll show me. In case you forgot, Peter, I already died once. I'm tied with you, now," Stiles retorts and jerks his chin out of the werewolf's strong hold. Stiles' physical condition gets worse seemingly by the minute. The protruding bags under his eyes were becoming more prominent, as well as becoming a nasty purple color that resembles bruising. His already skin-and-bone figure somehow became skinnier, making the teen look more sick than just slender.

Peter growls before returning to his stance against an old pillar. "Black markets are supposedly illegal, but you can get anything on them. There's such thing as a Supernatural Black Market, and you can get rich from just a single creature if they're valuable enough.  You knew that, didn't you Stiles?" Stiles once again looks up from the heavy metal clasped around his ankle. Okay, the man had piqued his interest. So the teen slowly shakes his head. "Interesting. So anyway, sometimes, the universe has a sadistic sense of humor-"

"Oh so kind of like you," Stiles' eyebrows raise, almost daring the man to prove him wrong.

But Peter just retaliates with a small smile. "Sure, if that's what you'd like. As I was saying, the universe sometimes makes it so people you would never guess would be supernatural. People that are only known to be human, yet they are the most valuable."

Stiles mind begins working at an inhuman speed, and he thinks he knows where this is going. But just to be sure, he asks, "What does this have to do with me?" He couldn't control the overwhelming dread from rising in his chest like bile after the tilt-a-whirl.

Peter pushes off of the pillar and kneels in front of the small boy once again. "There were many ways that I knew you were a Spark. One obviously being how quickly you processed the Kanima venom, but here's one that you probably didn't know. Supernaturals can't mate to humans, but I happen to know someone mated to you. And that brings us back to the market... Think about it this way: a teenage boy- and attractive one at that- that hasn't yet mated, and is also a Spark. That could go for millions." the elder man grins at Stiles.

Stiles eyes widen, and apprehension flooded through his veins. Peter came closer, and Stiles' eyes were squeezed shut in fear. He took a deep breath before opening his eyes and with the bravest voice he could muster, he demanded, "Get the hell away from me you freaking bastard." Wait a minute. Did Peter just call me attractive? Creepy old man.

Peter laughed. "You think it's that easy? Stiles, it's never that easy. You're inexperienced, and right now? Extremely vulnerable. Besides, if I don't pay back my sources, they'll kill me." He tried to display the most innocent face he could muster, but all Stiles could do was scoff at the attempt.