t w e n t y - s e v e n

Scott's POV

Stiles' swollen hand made my eyes widen, not to mention the major discoloration throughout his hand. When I went to take his pain, it took all of my willpower not to pull away because of the pain. What did he do this time?

It was silent for several minutes before he pulled himself together to speak. During that time, Liam, Hayden, Mason and Corey returned downstairs and tried their best to remain silent. It worked until Liam tripped down the few remaining stairs, but he stood up with such a Stiles kind of smile that we couldn't do anything but roll our eyes. Stiles speaks so lowly that many had to lean in to hear him. "Deucalion's pack is here, and they have my dad." As soon as the words came out of his mouth, he broke down once again. Not exactly knowing what to do, I carefully take his head and place it in my lap.

I feel Maddie's glares in my back, but I pretend not to be bothered. I mean, he was my best friend before they became a thing. Just saying.

But what would Deucalion want with the Sheriff? I mean, besides the obvious fact that he was Stiles' father, the man is , well no offense to him but, old, and human. There really isn't a lot to go off of here. But knowing Deucalion, he has a reason.

"Hey Stiles?" I ask gently when his breaths come slightly more even. He gives a small sound in response to show that he was listening while he hid his face in my lap. I run a hand through his hair. Lydia makes a move to come closer, but I shake my head at her to still her movements. I didn't want to crowd him, and I definitely didn't want to startle him, so it was best for her to stay back until it was clear. "Do you have any idea why he would take your Dad?" I try and be as tender as possible to keep him calm. My other hand strokes his back softly, ghosting over his protruding spine.

His body stiffened a bit before he abruptly sat up, making Lydia jump back a bit. Her mouth was open ajar as she studies Stiles' rigid movements. He was digging through his pockets mumbling incomprehensibly under his breath as he dropped everything out of his pockets until he uncovered a crumbles piece of paper. Looking up at me with empty eyes, he places the paper in my hand. "He thinks I still have my powers, and he knows that I wouldn't give it to him willingly, so he took him." Stiles stutters over his words as if they were in a foreign tongue.

I carefully unfold the frayed paper, and Derek slowly approaches from behind to read over my shoulder. The rest stay back, wanting to keep Stiles as calm as possible. Malia, as her nosey self, wanted to read it, but Isaac's hand kept her still. Stiles carefully shifted to lean against the wall, all the while keeping his knees up to his chest. His head falls on his knees as his hands turn white from the grip he has on his shins. The grip in one of his hands is lesser to prevent shooting pain, but his knuckles were still white. My heart ached for him, but I knew that the paper in my steady hands had to come first. I temporarily made eye contact with Lydia long enough for her to go over there and do her best to comfort my best friend.

Finally I shift my gaze down to the paper, and I acknowledge that it's a letter.

Stiles,

You know I'm really not for letters, and most kids these days aren't. However, you can track emails, but you can't track paper. Anyways, by now you've probably noticed the absence of your human father. All you have to do is meet me at Beacon Hills First National Bank alone. It'll be a peaceful trade. All I want is your powers, and you can have your father. Midnight, or you might never see him again.

The New and Improved Alpha Pack

It wasn't long, but it got the point across. I looked at Stiles, and it didn't take a genius to know that he wasn't going alone, especially not in his current mental state.