s e v e n

Stiles' POV

I made sure not to flash my eyes at them before taking a seat next to Danny in the back. I smile at him. "Hey Danny," I greet, and his cheeks redden profusely. This is going to be fun.

Before I knew it, it was lunch. Luckily, my pack has this period together. We find an empty table, and I feel every eye on us. It's so different since the last time I was here, where I was constantly overlooked by Scott freaking McCall. It's funny actually, I can feel the anger coming off of him, and I'm not even a werewolf.

"Hey cutie," Maddie kisses my cheek before sitting beside me. I smile.

"Well hello to you too, gorgeous." She grins, taking a container of watermelon out of her backpack.

Nate groans, along with Connor. "Gosh guys, get a room!"

Maddie and I roll our eyes and laugh lightly. "I don't know Mads, I think they might be jealous." She nods her head in agreement, and Emily approaches, grinning.

The boys gag, shouting denials in our faces while taking food out of their bags.

We fall into easy chatter about our days, before the three across from us fall silent and stare at something behind me. I turn around to come face-to-face with Lydia.

I raise my eyebrows in shock. She give me a small smile as she folds her hands tightly in front of her, almost like she's trying to resist hugging me, or choking me. I'm getting mixed signals here. "Stiles? Could I talk to you for a second?"

I look back at my pack, who shrug at me, sincerely clueless. Wow, thanks guys. I turn back to her. "Well, like only for a second, or do you mean longer than that? Oh do you mean alone or like-"

"Just come on Stiles," she groans and grabs my arm. The pack tenses up from the way this newcomer just tried dragging me away, but I give them a look to reassure them that I'm fine. By the way Maddie is positioned, I could tell that she was listening in just in case. Lydia pulls me away to the edge of the eating area, and I look at her expectantly. "What are you?"

I look at her for a second. "I'm Stiles. And you're Lydia? I'm lost."

She makes an annoyed sound, and I step back a half a step. She could scream at me right now, and I would like collapse so I'm just going to play this safe. "Stiles, I know you're not human, and neither are the other 'people' that you came to school with. Scott can't get a scent, but we need to know what you are, Stiles. So just help us out here," she says and huffs, almost pleading.

I can feel myself get annoyed, almost angry. "So Scott set you up to this? You probably wouldn't have even talked to me if Scott didn't want to know if I was a threat to his precious dysfunctional pack, huh?"

"No, Stiles, it's not like that-" Her face flushes, and that's all I needed to be set off.

"Well let me ask you something. Ever heard of The S Pack?" I angrily asked before walking back to my seat, where Maddie slid her hand in mine drawing circles onto my palm to calm me. "Well, they may know who we are now, so I apologize for the things that are going to come out of their mouths."

Everyone scoffs or laughs before easing back into conversation before the period comes to an end, and Connor and I walk to Econ together. I smirk, knowing that Scott and Malia are in this class.