n i n e t e e n

Scott's POV

Kind of like in a movie, everything stops for a split second before the scene is completely changed. Unlike in a movie, I actually felt the physical and emotional pain after the scene change, like when watching a war movie and you see the wounded soldiers in pain after the war scene. The torment can be empathized through the screen, but you don't actually feel the pain.

Well I feel like the soldier in this situation, but maybe more confused. Stiles was supposed to be in his hospital bed, going through this crazy and indescribable problem, but he's all of the sudden over me and Derek who are laying in his room. His pack is there too, but they are completely healed and have taken seats sporadically around the room. We both have beds, and I assume that Stiles conjured one from up his sleeve like a freaking magician.

It was strange; just a second ago I was fighting these men, who just so happened to be tied up in the corner unconscious. One of them had marker on his face to create a cartoon like goatee and unibrow. What the hell did Stiles do this time?

"How are you feeling?" Emily asks me, and I blink a few times as if to clear my pounding head.

I shrug and struggle to sit up, but Nate pushes me back by pressing on my shoulder. "Uh..." I start, a little uncomfortable just laying down having a conversation. My voice is a bit raspy, and it kind of surprised me. There's no way I was out that long; it was like a blink of an eye. "I guess I'm alright. I'm just a little sore," I reply and shove Nate's hand off of me and sitting up.

Stiles is standing over Derek with a hand on his chest. He has his eyes closed in concentration, and I watch in wonder. His wounds disappear at an astounding rate, and his heart rate picks up. He wakes up and grabs tightly onto Stiles' wrist, and Stiles soothes him gently while waiting for his wrist to be released. Stiles' other hand smoothed Derek's hair off of his forehead, and as crazy as it seems, Derek didn't shove his hand away. Strange.

Once the exchange is over with, Stiles' attention transfers to me. He smiles that crooked grin that makes everyone else smile, and it didn't fail. "Hey you're awake. How are you feeling?" He stumbles a little bit before gripping tightly onto the rails of my bed.

I look at him worriedly. "Stiles, you should be worrying about yourself. You can't even stand correctly. Plus, the last I remember, you were unconscious in this very bed," I grab his arm, and he ends up falling on top of me. We laugh for a second before he pushes himself back up. I look at the rest of his pack, who are just sitting around letting Stiles possible injure himself further. "What are you guys doing? Why are you letting Stiles walk around and use is magic?" I demand, and he gives me a mischievous grin.

Maddie groans and glares at me. "Because he made it impossible to get up until he lets us. He's a jerk, and I hate him," the girl crosses her arms over her chest, and the rest makes various noises in agreement.

Stiles finally lets out a laugh as he gives Maddie a kiss on the forehead. "I love you too." She rolls her eyes at him, but everyone could see the small curve of her lips. Then he limps his way over to me and places his palm flat on my chest. He closes his eyes, and I try my best not to laugh.

Never before had Stiles been the one to make sure that everyone was well taken care of. Mainly because he was the klutz that always managed to hurt himself. Or, he's flipping out over the blood. Finally he lifts his palm, and all of my pain goes with it. I instinctively let out a sigh of relief.

Stiles too lets out a sigh, but his was much heavier than mine. He produces another chair and falls into it. He looks exhausted as he waves his hand, unlocking the door, and my mom rushes in.

"Oh, thank God Scott. You're alive. You're okay. I don't know what I would have done if that man would have killed you. Oh I thought I lost you," she mumbles while placing kisses into my hair and hugging me tightly. I see Stiles turn in his seat to speak with his pack, and my mom continues talking. "Are you sure you're okay?" She pulls back, looking into my eyes.

I nod with a small smile. "Don't worry, Mom. I'm fine," I mumble. She smiles before it drops, and she smacks me upside the head. "Ow! Mom what was that for?"

She gives me a light glare and shifts her gaze to Stiles for a second before returning to me. "When were you going to tell me that he was back?" Her eyes were filled with sudden longing and love for her long lost son.

I shrug. "I just found out the other day, and a lot of things have happened, but I was going to tell you-"

"Scott, I don't have to be a werewolf to know that you're lying straight to my face," she interrupts, and I frown. She caught me. Then she stands with her hands on her hips. "Stiles?" Stiles turns, and he looks up at her with a sad smile on his face. "Oh come here," she's barely holding back a sob as she holds her arms open.

Then Mom and Stiles share a long overdue hug, and it makes everyone else in the room smile, even Derek.